Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2007, 05:16 PM

Default Re: 16$ Turbo optimum play at Stars

I 26-table (in sets, which is definitely different than continuous) and every time I've tried to adjust my ranges to play more tables or make it "easier", it's made me a worse player. You're better off playing fewer tables normally and slowly increasing your load as you can handle it.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Even though hands such as AK have higher value, you have to hit the pair for you to win. You can continue bet but i feel at this level lots of players hand on to low hands such a bottom pair, or even low pocket pairs after the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

A c-bet will often work when you miss the flop, because your opponent will usually miss the flop too. If he calls your c-bet, you can give it up on the turn. But when you do hit you will often get paid off by AQ, AJ...

I raise AK and JJ early, and I limp PPs for set value early as well. It's great to know how to play pushbot late, but it's great to stack someone early too.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:17 AM

Alright, so my play is too tight according to you guys. I normally do not play this tight in regular 22dollar games but was new to this 16$ turbo at stars.

Anyways i have a few questions regarding of few hands early on. Say you limp with a pp in early position at 15/30, n it it reraised say to 3-4x behind you... are you guys willing to call for set value? or would you guys fold in this situation.

Example #2. You raise 3-4x early position at around 10/20 to 25/50 blinds. With AK, you are reraised all in, you have no notes or hands played yet. Is this a clear fold at this level? I usually would fold this at the regular SNG knowing i can outplay my opponents and probably would at these turbos.

Example #3: Same situation as before, early position with JJ, how to play this. You raise 3-4x and someone reraises over the top all or makes a big reraise. You have no notes or observations on this player, what would you do in this situation.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I 26-table (in sets, which is definitely different than continuous) and every time I've tried to adjust my ranges to play more tables or make it "easier", it's made me a worse player. You're better off playing fewer tables normally and slowly increasing your load as you can handle it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Soooo sick.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:14 AM

The games seem to have got a bit softer again recently and there are quite often 1-3 total donks at the table. I've adjusted my tight style early on to try and stack these guys and it's working very well so far.

(I play 6 tables at the $27s at the moment)

Example 1: Depends on the pp and the size of the raise. 3x I'll usually call but against a 4x with no-one else in the pot and 88 or lower I will probably fold

Example 2: Readless I fold

Example 3: I may not raise JJ in early position. As played I fold without a read though it's touh as a re-raise all in at lvls 1 & 2 is a donkish sign. Certainly I'd put a note on the player.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I miss your blog
Old 06-01-2007, 06:53 AM

Thanks a lot for your replies everyone, it's been very helpful. I was wondering, for all you players that play near 20 tables. Do you guys tile your tables? with lots of monitors? or you maximize the table and have queued actions? Or is there another way of multitabling?
Old 06-01-2007, 10:59 AM

Hi,
I actually play 20(or more, up to 25)x16$ in sets.
I do it maximizing the tables on center of screen, and using a second monitor for the lobby, pokertracker, pokerace, PC chrono and the taskbar. When tables are <=12 I tile.
My configuration is a 30" (2560x1600) + a 21,3" (1600x1200).
Usually I get 12 tables after about 40 minutes from start. Consider the 12 tables tiled is really difficult to handle, but when they drop down to 9 it becomes easier.
Curiosity about the all-in outcome may be satisfied by using the total chip won on pokertracker...
Old 06-01-2007, 01:05 PM

Wow that's a big monitor [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img], i only have 1 and it's around a 19inch. I was also wondering if anyone table selects. Is there certain players that would stop you from signing up. Because the last thing i would want to do is play against another good player on 20 other tables lol. If so.. who?
Old 06-01-2007, 02:26 PM

If I see multiple people registering for their sets at the same time I will usually wait and register for the games after theirs fill, but theres no one specifically that I completely try to avoid.