Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2007, 08:59 PM

Default Re: WPT Mandalay Bay

Playing down to ten is worse than when they played to like twelve at the LAPC in 06. Depending on the speed, and play has slowed here recently, they may play it down to six.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Playing down to ten is worse than when they played to like twelve at the LAPC in 06. Depending on the speed, and play has slowed here recently, they may play it down to six.

[/ QUOTE ]
The speed of it is why they are only playing down to 10. Then tomorrow from ten to the TV table six. They scheduled 5 days for the tournament with the final table being held on Saturday.

If it was up to me, I think they SHOULD play it down to the six and give em the day off.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
The speed of it is why they are only playing down to 10. Then tomorrow from ten to the TV table six. They scheduled 5 days for the tournament with the final table being held on Saturday.

If it was up to me, I think they SHOULD play it down to the six and give em the day off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was that announced recently? I read on one of the blogs last night play was either to 10 or five levels. I think it may depend on the players too, coming back the next day for four eliminations is ridiculous.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:10 PM

Go Thayer! Kickin' ass!!!!!!!
Old 05-31-2007, 09:10 PM

thayers doing redic well as for the AK hand trust me stephen the way they were playing it's a good shove I even talked to ari right after the hand and he said as well thayers call is fine cuz AQ is in his range there. Plus he had them both covered by 100k and both were very aggro so far.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:11 PM

3 IN A ROW!
Thayer Rasmussen raises to $23,000 from the button and John Gordon pushes all in for his last $43,000 from the big blind. Rasmussen calls with AJ and Gordon shows 87. The board comes A42108, Rasmussen's hand is good and he sends Gordon to the rail in 14th place with $21,860.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:12 PM

Thayer just busted another, now 6/13 with 419k
Old 05-31-2007, 09:14 PM

Thayer Rasmussen raises from the button to 23,000 and John Gordon re-raises all-in from the big blind. Rasmussen calls and shows AJ while Gordon shows 87.

The board comes A42108 and Thay3r takes down the pot. Gordon is eliminated in 14th place collecting $21,860.

then it read: thayer on a roll:

Right after the John Gordon elimination, Danny Wong raises to 24,000 and Thayer Rasmussen re-raises him an additional 55,000. Wong thinks for a moment before folding his hand.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
thayers doing redic well as for the AK hand trust me stephen the way they were playing it's a good shove I even talked to ari right after the hand and he said as well thayers call is fine cuz AQ is in his range there. Plus he had them both covered by 100k and both were very aggro so far.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, he said that he only called b/c it was Ari and what his range was. Check out the video he did on worldpokertour.com under their video blog tab in their coverage of the tourney. It may be a few pages back tho. I'd link it but IDK how to do those (plus my cpu sux bawls).
Old 05-31-2007, 09:49 PM

On a board of 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Thayer Rasmussen checks and John Juanda bets out 60,000 chips. Rasmussen check raises Juanda an additional 130K. Juanda looks frustrated as he thinks for several minutes before mucking his cards.

what a stud...check raising Juanda!