Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2007, 06:03 PM

Default Re: Changes between 9/18 low room and 20/40 high room

A poker investor should only be someone who knows poker well. I am financing someone at poker this year. I know the person is a net winner. We will split the net profit at the end of the year.

You can only invest successfully in things you understand. I would like to financially back players at NL and Omaha but I don't know enough about those games to evaluate the prospect properly. I bankroll blackjack players also.

Don't accept money from an investor who does not understand the project you are undertaking. They are not suitable investors. If you are not good enough to impress a professional who has experience backing poker players then you are not a good investment.

Get a job and save up mini-banks. Play when you have saved up some small session bank, like 30 big bets, and don't quit your job. Continue to contribute outside earnings to your bankroll. If you are a winning player you will accrue a 300 to 500 big bet bankroll before long and can then attempt full time play.
Old 05-28-2007, 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Changes between 9/18 low room and 20/40 high room

[/ QUOTE ]

Free grub makes it ++++++EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel the same way. When I'm stuck 2 racks in a 20/40 nothing makes me feel better than knowing that I didn't have to pay for that $4 shimp cocktail, why not make it a double?
Old 05-28-2007, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ive been getting advice from friends that the 10/20 nl is softer then the 20/40 limit does anybody that has experience in both games agree?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL the 10/20 NL is like a 5 times bigger game.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't the 10/20NL at Com uncapped?