Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2007, 11:01 PM

Default Re: How does weed affect your life?

Thinking you're running at 60% cuz of weed is a joke.

Before I quit for 8 months I figured I would get so much more done...my car would alwasys be super clean...same for my room.

After I quit I realized I was just plain lazy about certain things, with or without weed.

My friend is a major pothead...but he is on top of everything like no other. Has lists of crap to do each day, ALWAYS get everything done right on time.

So I think you're putting too much stock into how weed is affecting your life.

And don't lie, I know you've been stoned while watching your kid.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:12 PM

I used to be a pretty heavy smoker. I smoked like everyday for the last 4-5 years, and a good amount too. I just recently quit, a little more than a month ago.

I was what you referred to as "lifestyle" addicted, since I live in a small suburban town in the Northeast, and thats pretty much all there is to do. It was pretty hard to quit, since all my friends just all constantly smoking around me.

It was really getting to be unhealthy though. The couple months leading up to the when I quit were especially bad. Most of my friends were off at college (I go to a comm. college...) and I had nothing to do. I would buy an oz. or so, and just sit in my room and smoke all night, just to relieve my boredom. I would sit around and smoke bowl after bowl, and play poker. Thats about it. If I was going to watch a t.v. show, I had to smoke a bowl. Going to bed? Had to smoke a bowl before.

I was sleeping for like 10-12 hours a day, and still always felt tired, lazy, and unmotivated. I love to play basketball, and I couldnt run for more than 20 seconds before I was completely out of breath. It was just becoming too much for me, so I made the choice to quit.

Since I've quit, I feel so much better physically. I feel refreshed after only sleeping 8 hours, and I can actually play a few games of basketball without dying. Mentally, its still tough though. Most of my friends are now back from college for the summer, so I usually have something to do (even though they are usually smoking) and that really helps keep me off the weed, since I'm not so bored all the time.

The first couple weeks of being smoke free were pretty hard for me. I was pretty depressed and it took a good amount of will power to keep from smoking again. But I made a promise to myself to quit and I'm going to follow through with it, and it was a good decision. I feel much healthier now, and I'm saving a ton of money.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:58 PM

Basically for weed, to me, it comes down to two questions:

Are you a productive person, who uses weed to relax and enjoy yourself after the things you need to do are done?

or

Are you smoking weed during the time when, as an alternative to, or an escape from when you need to get things done?

If it's yes to the first one, go right ahead. It's when you start saying yes to the second question that you need to watch your usage.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Are you a productive person, who uses weed to relax and enjoy yourself after the things you need to do are done?

or

Are you smoking weed during the time when, as an alternative to, or an escape from when you need to get things done?

If it's yes to the first one, go right ahead. It's when you start saying yes to the second question that you need to watch your usage.

[/ QUOTE ]
i'm more of an ecstacy or cocaine kinda guy. what are the two q's for my drugs of choice?
Old 05-24-2007, 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

or

[/ QUOTE ]
i'm more of an ecstacy or cocaine kinda guy. what are the two q's for my drugs of choice?

[/ QUOTE ]

same questions, except in the first one replace relax with like.. umm.. the opposite of relax
Old 05-24-2007, 12:17 AM

Weed good.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And don't lie, I know you've been stoned while watching your kid.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can see how you'd think this. I never said I wasn't tempted (lets face it, it would be fun playing with a one year old baked), but I honestly never have been. The logic is simple: if something ever happened (whether being baked affected it or not), I'd never forgive myself, rightfully so.

Oh, and my wife would kill me and it's near impossible to hide from her...
Old 05-24-2007, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So I think you're putting too much stock into how weed is affecting your life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yah, maybe. It's pretty fun hanging out with my wife and kid all day, and blazin' at night while playing poker, NHL 07 on the Xbox360, watching downloaded TV shows, and basically [censored] around until I'm too tired to move. It's a hard thing to snap out of.

Now that I put it that way, I'm not so sure what I'm worried about. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] But, I don't desire to look back 5 years from now and be in the same position...