Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2007, 10:28 PM

Default How does weed affect your life?

I love weed. I'm 28 years old, have a wife and 1.5 year old son, and have been blazing pretty much everyday for 6 years. I have never been baked while responsible for my son. But, whenever I'm not around him, I blaze every chance I get. I'm a happy guy with a good life, but I just enjoy EVERYTHING so much more when baked. I never feel boredom while high. I know I will have to slow down one day, especially as my son gets older. I feel neither pride, nor shame, for my feelings toward weed and my smoking of it. I have never sold drugs of any kind. However, recently I am beginning to feel anxiety and guilt about it anyway because it often makes me into a lazy bastard and the only constructive thing I can do is play poker. In addition, the health consequences worry me (which my wife reminds me of all the time).

This leads me to the following questions, which are intended for those who can relate to me:

1) What % of your overall life potential are you operating at because of your blazing?

My answer: 60%

2) What % of your poker playing ability are you operating at when high?

My answer: 100%, no effect, though I may play a little more LAG, it doesn't seem to hurt my profits

3) How concerned are you about the health hazards of smoking weed on a scale from 1 (not concerned) to 10 (very concerned)?

My answer: 7

4) Would you say smoking weed is a crutch for happiness and relieving boredom on a scale from 1 (not a crutch) to 10 (total crutch)?

My answer: 10, obviously why I asked...

5) Do you feel addicted to weed on a scale from 1 (not addicted) to 10 (hopefully addicted)?

My answer: 9. I'm completely "lifestyle" addicted. When I am forced to not smoke weed (i.e. vacation where I can't find any), I feel no negative physical symptoms, but many "blah" emotional feelings, which sucks...

Anyway, I'm open to any comments, questions, criticisms, etc. If anyone has personal stories of their experiences living a "weed lifestyle" or their lives after quitting, please share. This is meant as a serious discussion, however since the majority of you are probably baked I don't have high expectations. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Hopefully this discussion doesn't close with how it usually does when speaking with my friends : "Blah, blah, blah...But...I just...love it so much!".
Old 05-23-2007, 10:34 PM

Default Re: How does weed affect your life?

1) What % of your overall life potential are you operating at because of your blazing?

99% I only smoke at night and never when I have other obligations.

2) What % of your poker playing ability are you operating at when high?

Probably 75% I still play well but I have trouble playing as many tables.

3) How concerned are you about the health hazards of smoking weed on a scale from 1 (not concerned) to 10 (very concerned)?

3/10 I don't smoke that much.

4) Would you say smoking weed is a crutch for happiness and relieving boredom on a scale from 1 (not a crutch) to 10 (total crutch)?

I don't really know how to answer this question.

5) Do you feel addicted to weed on a scale from 1 (not addicted) to 10 (hopefully addicted)?

3/10 I could quit anytime I want to but I'd rather not.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:36 PM

imho, the most negative affect of your weed habit is your influence on your son. smoking weed is your choice but as he gets older he will look to you as a role model and if you continue to smoke very often that probably won't be helpful for him as he matures and is trying to find himself as a teen etc. i don't think it's all that bad in moderation and it seems like you make a good effort to keep it away from your son so it's cool, you're 28 and seem to be doing fine as long as u quit (or almost quit) by 33ish u should be fine health wise
Old 05-23-2007, 10:37 PM

proabbly 60 %

Depends, I suck at HU b/c too much action but I excel in tourney's b/c I dont get frustrated when I am card dead and am more patient.

1- I dont do it too often

5- I geuss it makes me happy but its not like Id be depressed wihtout it

1- Dont need it at all
Old 05-23-2007, 10:40 PM

Weed killed my father. And raped my mother.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:43 PM

weed makes me hungry and tired. you should stop though, unless you want your child to start smoking weed.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
imho, the most negative affect of your weed habit is your influence on your son. smoking weed is your choice but as he gets older he will look to you as a role model and if you continue to smoke very often that probably won't be helpful for him as he matures and is trying to find himself as a teen etc. i don't think it's all that bad in moderation and it seems like you make a good effort to keep it away from your son so it's cool, you're 28 and seem to be doing fine as long as u quit (or almost quit) by 33ish u should be fine health wise

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for your honest comments. I mentioned my son because he's obviously a huge part of my life and must be taken into consideration always. I'm hoping as he grows and I take on a new career I'm planning, I will simply be FORCED into blazing less. This seems like a weak plan I guess...
Old 05-23-2007, 10:48 PM

that ganja greeeen, that calliiiii weeed.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you should stop though, unless you want your child to start smoking weed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno about this, is this really relevant? It's not like I give him my old bongs for toys. Even if I DID smoke everyday forever (which I obviously can't), I wouldn't see him ever knowing until at least 10 years old. I will do my best to keep him away from smoking weed because, well, that's what parents do I guess. Plus, high school and university would have been impossible for me if I smoked as much then as I do now.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you should stop though, unless you want your child to start smoking weed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno about this, is this really relevant? It's not like I give him my old bongs for toys. Even if I DID smoke everyday forever (which I obviously can't), I wouldn't see him ever knowing until at least 10 years old. I will do my best to keep him away from smoking weed because, well, that's what parents do I guess. Plus, high school and university would have been impossible for me if I smoked as much then as I do now.

[/ QUOTE ]
your paragraphs are too big. dumb it down pls.