Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2007, 03:55 PM

Default Re: Tipping on a High-Hand Jackpot?

How standard is it for dealers to spread the toke? Our riverboat had a BBJ hit at $200K. The tip was significant, and the dealer in question took care of the others.
Old 05-20-2007, 04:17 PM

This tipping automatically, that [censored]'s for the birds. As far as I'm concerned, they're just doing their job.
Old 05-20-2007, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This tipping automatically, that [censored]'s for the birds. As far as I'm concerned, they're just doing their job.

[/ QUOTE ]

fraac - nobody cares what you think, tipping is a standard and accepted part of the poker culture. If you want to use a soapbox to voice your opinion that tipping is wrong, start a new thread (which will likely be locked as soon as it becomes a flame war because your POV always creates nasty threads)
Old 05-20-2007, 05:28 PM

These dealers aren't starving to death. They make minimum wage. When I worked for minimum wage, I wasn't lucky enough to have a job that society deemed tipworthy.
Old 05-20-2007, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
These dealers aren't starving to death. They make minimum wage. When I worked for minimum wage, I wasn't lucky enough to have a job that society deemed tipworthy.

[/ QUOTE ]

fraac- What your doing is considered trolling. You may not realize it, but its against the rules of this forum and is punishable by a suspension at the moderator's discretion (read the "don't post about" FAQ).
Old 05-20-2007, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be 5% generous on a $50K prize.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not? 5% is 5%. If you're willing to tip 5%, then the money amount shouldn't matter.

- T

[/ QUOTE ]
This is wrong. DUCY?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I don't. Please explain. Jackpots are gimmicks to bring the fish. You've already benefited just by playing in the room.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't buy things with percent, you use money. Utility. Tip up to a fixed maximum otherwise it's bad bankroll management.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

fraac- What your doing is considered trolling. You may not realize it, but its against the rules of this forum and is punishable by a suspension at the moderator's discretion (read the "don't post about" FAQ).

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me preface: I don't know the history here (nor really care) and I lost my fine-tooth rule comb....

Doesn't this thread concern opinions about tipping? I support you whole-heartedly TT, and I think you run a great show... However, the last 2 posts in this thread seem somewhat harsh and even somewhat personal. If I was fraac (by the looks of thing, I should be thankful I am not...), I would feel egged-on.

Now to get things back on track; OP your tip was fine. Keep it up. As far as BBJ, IMHO, I would still tip 5-10%. I do like the idea of spreading it around. That's cool.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Let me preface: I don't know the history here (nor really care) and I lost my fine-tooth rule comb....

[/ QUOTE ]

History - until a few months ago threads a about tipping were not permitted. We decided to allow it provided that nobody trolls the tipping question threads with posts about how they think tipping is wrong, or how they think dealers are paid enough already, and other tipping topic-hijacks to use the forum as a personal soapbox. This has been, and will remain a punishable activity. We take into account the experiance of the user, if fraac was a prolific poster who absolutely knows the rules he would be suspended without warning. fraac has been here long enough that he should know better, but it seems as if it didn't sink in because of his second reply. We have discussed it via PM, he understands why these rules exist now and we are back on track. As for "personal", I have no recollection of fraac's past posts - this was not personal at all, I'd say the same thing to you or anyone else. Hijack over [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-20-2007, 06:29 PM

Thanks for the response, great explaination. Keep up the great work. By personal I meant the responses seem a little too pointed but I'm glad you've PM'd.