Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2007, 11:37 AM

Default Re: Strategy for going to prison

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
American prisons suck so much ass comapared to Australian. In the highest security prison in victoria, each cell has a shower, toilet, tv. There is NO rape occuring, people often don't want to leave these places because it gaurantees them food/shelter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this supposed to be a reason why Australia is better than the US?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes.
Old 05-20-2007, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Join the French Foreign Legion. I hear the foods pretty good.

[/ QUOTE ]

It won't work any more - these days they check with Interpol etc so if you're on the run they will find out straight away. Twenty five years ago though yes, it was an option:

"Being a legionnaire is easy," said the captain, "and being a civilian is easy. It is the change from being a civilian to becoming a legionnaire that some find difficult." It was a month since I had walked into the recruitment office of the Légion Etrangère in the heart of the Citadelle in Lille, northern France. The night before, I'd got drunk on cheap wine and fallen asleep in an alley. A kind soul had thrown a piece of old carpet over me which had protected me from the heavy January frost and probably kept me alive. Grimy and bedraggled, I limped out on to the main thoroughfare to enlist in my new life.

I had spent most of my last few borrowed pounds on a ferry ticket from Dover to Calais and then jumped a train to Lille before blowing the little money I had left on the wine. After leaving behind a trail of devastation, and the prospect of many years in prison in Britain, I had come to France to join the Foreign Legion.
Reading the reports last week about "flabby" British recruits being put to shame in the Legion by battle-hardened eastern Europeans, I had a sharp pang of nostalgia. For I remember how grateful I was as a young man, many years ago, when the Legion offered me the chance of a way out of deep trouble. I had led a reckless and undisciplined life, and was in very poor physical and mental condition. Most of what I had heard or read about the Legion had left me feeling that it was a place where only desperate men would go. Well, I was certainly desperate."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/france/story/0,,1685502,00.html
Old 05-20-2007, 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
American prisons suck so much ass comapared to Australian. In the highest security prison in victoria, each cell has a barbeque and a fridge full of beer . There is NO rape occuring, people often don't want to leave these places because it gaurantees them food/shelter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this supposed to be a reason why Australia is better than the US?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-20-2007, 12:49 PM

took freaking forever but last night I got through all of MT2R's prison trip-report thread and it was really incredible.

Solidifies my opinion that if I knew I was going to a place like that for 5 yrs I would skip out any way I could.

Obviously if it's a place where I would feel mostly safe I would just do the time.
MT2R didn't even have it as bad as he could have. He was tough enough to survive his 2 mths there and never got raped. Just some threats, a beat-down, solitary, and living in pretty constant fear and mentally scarred pretty badly upon getting out of there.
Really could have been worse. He did survive afterall.
And even that sounds truly awful/horrific to me.

How bad would it have been for him if he was stuck there for 1 year or 4 years or longer?

No thanks. I'll go to Africa, Asia, South America, wherever I can and try to make it.
Old 05-20-2007, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But while devising emergency plans is understandable, Kroll should realize that no matter how much he prepares, the only thing he can count on in prison is having his creamy white ass churned into butter."

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/27860

[/ QUOTE ]

LOLz
Old 05-20-2007, 01:25 PM

Dont shower or shave for those final 4 monthes before prison. Stank so bad no one wants to go near you. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Start spankin it when you go thru processing....may get a pass to the psych ward instead of gen pop. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 05-20-2007, 01:33 PM

I dont think running for your whole life is worth it, just do the time one way or another.
Old 05-20-2007, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont think running for your whole life is worth it, just do the time one way or another.

[/ QUOTE ]

Something tells me you wouldn't feel this way if some 340 pound guy named Jamal was ramming his [censored] up your ass.
Old 05-20-2007, 01:53 PM

I think you guys are overestimating this here.

http://www.insideprison.com/prison-rape.asp

"A study of four Midwestern states in 2000 found that about 1 in 5 inmates experiences some form of pressured or coerced sexual conduct while incarcerated (Struckman-Johnson & Struckman-Johnson, 2000)."

20% isn't that bad. I imagine if you control yourself you'll be fine.

Edit: Maybe I"m wrong:

"Physical appearance is essential in determining the target of a rape, as it is often used as a yardstick for assessing how "successful" a rape attempt will be. In all cases, the younger, smaller-built inmates are targeted more easily,"

I imagine that describes a pretty high percentage of 2p2ers.
Old 05-20-2007, 03:01 PM

Yes indeed. The average person on this forum would be turned into a bitch before sundown his first day in the joint, no doubt about it.