Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2007, 12:39 PM

Default Re: What\'s the worst score you have taken on a single hole?

I one-putted for a 9 on a very easy Par 5 with no penalties.

The week before that, I parred it with a 1-stroke penalty. Go figure.

I don't play in competitions, but I do vaguely recall getting a 13 on a par 3. Hit at least 3 balls into the water before the green. This was my second year playing.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:53 PM

I had a 15 on one hole at Angus Glen, just outside Toronto. I have no idea how I managed it; I just remember the 50-60 mph wind and all the hay that served as deep rough. I shot somewhere in the 130s that day.
Old 05-17-2007, 11:34 PM

took a few circle 12 back in the high school days. Basically meant you cannot get a higher score then a 12 but then you will be disqualified from any chance of individually qualifying for the state meet. Obv if you taking a few circle 12s u aren't state material lol.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:28 AM

13 - Aboyne Aberdeenshire.

Old layout, 11th hole I believe, dog leg left to right, howling wind in the same direction and slightly into my face. It's around 18 years ago, and I had a bad slice, played 5 off the tee and it didnt get any better.

In competition I've taken 10 a couple of times.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:31 AM

Played a NTPGA event a couple years ago at TPC Four Seasons, home of the Byron Nelson, in January. 2-day tourney. I think I shot 77 first day. 2nd day it rained steadily all day and was about 45 degrees. Most miserable day I've ever played in and I grew up in Kansas so I've played in crappy weather a lot. Anyway, after a 42 on the front I start playing alright. I'm even for the back nine after a birdie on 16 and come to 17. This is the downhill par 3 over the pond. The flag was of course on the right behind the pond. I aim at the center of the green with a 3iron. (190 yards) I of course push it towards the flag. It's going right at it but hits the rocks short and goes in the water. I proceed to the drop area, about a 40 yard pitch, and chunk 3 in the water. Hit it on, 2 putt for a crowd-pleasing 11. Par 18 somehow for a 85. Took me two hours to get home. (thank you dallas traffic) I was soaking wet and frozen. I had the heater on high the entire way and still was cold when I got home. Only day of golf I truly hated.
Old 05-18-2007, 01:29 PM

Technically, I've had some "infinities", as I didn't even finish the hole, trashed the card, and just went on to the next tee-box.

I dimly recall actually recording a 13 on a par five once, though. In my defense, I was sober.

My most destructive hole was the par 4 #17 on my home course. I was 4 under coming into it, and pulled my drive into the edge of the trees. I hit a tree chipping out, got pissed, and hit in the water trying to hit a miracle shot. ended up with an 9, when an 8 would've gotten me on the tour.

Not really, but it would've been a personal best for me.
Old 05-18-2007, 04:27 PM

A 12 on the 16th hole- The Orchard G&CC in Clarkesville, GA in the club championship two years ago. Two balls o.b., one in hazard, and a four putt (or something like that, I try not to think about it). Typical royal screw-up.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:52 PM

http://www.golfdigest.com/features/i..._w8uo2ekc.html

worst golfer in America
Old 06-14-2007, 03:23 PM

Never been above 21 on a par four. Looked like a storm cloud just about to go quintuple tornado. The poor junior player keeping my scorecard tiptoed up to me after the hole and asked sotto voce "was it 21?" ready to jump into the closest bunker as if someone nearby was fiddeling with the pin on a hand grenade. I did have the composure to give him a nod and complementing him on his 5 on that hole.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:14 PM

I guess I'm the only person that posts in this forum that doesn't regularly shoot in the 70s.

Anyways, I average about 102. I have not been able to consistently break 100 yet. I have carded a 14 on a par 5 before with several OB shots, on my way to a 147 round (counted every shot!) Worst round of my life.