Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2007, 10:21 AM

Default Re: A223 in a 26 BB pot

After reading this thread, a fold on the river now seems correct. I can't think of four sensible hands that the villains can hold where you would get any piece of this pot. The caveat is that I probably would have played this hand the same way. That 2 on the turn is very deceptive in its sweetness. Maybe a call on the turn would have been better? Other than that, the river was nasty nasty nasty.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:01 PM

i don't understand the flop 3 bet in a multiway pot.

there's little to no fold equity here and you'd be better off keeping the worse lows around especially with your coutnerfeit protection.

turn is fine.

river. . .pay it off. you're probably not getting any of it but i can't see how 26:1 pay off can't be justified one way or another.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop is a definite flat call, flop is even more so. Your hand is mediocre and you caught an average flop against people you categorise as lunatic fish, why in the world are you jamming the pot?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL - There are five players and you have a nearly uncounterfeitable low hand.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your hand is mediocre and you caught an average flop against people you categorise as lunatic fish, why in the world are you jamming the pot?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because they wont fold anything and I've got a nearly uncounterfeitable low draw, and the pot is multiway?
Old 05-08-2007, 04:31 PM

I really like the way you played this hand. You got to lay your three 2s and live ace for one bet on the river. To me, that's one of the better reasons for early aggression.

jmo

Mack
Old 05-09-2007, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really like the way you played this hand. You got to lay your three 2s and live ace for one bet on the river. To me, that's one of the better reasons for early aggression.

jmo

Mack

[/ QUOTE ]Could he be more agressive? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 05-12-2007, 01:27 AM

Everything seems Ok except for the flop reraise. I know you said they were terrible players, but you still need them to be a part of the action if you happen to hit your low, because without it, you have lost a tremendous amount of value.

You have no draw for high so I would wait until I got there....hope that the sb sticks around on the flop because just him alone could be the decidng factor as to whether or not you gain, lose, or break dead even on the hand.

The river sucks, of course, and I'm not sure I make the call if I'm not getting last or next to last action, but considering your position, you have to call.

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW this table is full of terrible players. Average pot size was something like 15 BB's for about 100 hands.

Absolute Poker
Limit Omaha Ring game
Limit: $25/$50
5 players
Pre-flop: (5 players) TxRedMan is CO with 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">TxRedMan raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (8SB, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">TxRedMan 3-bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (10BB, 4 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">TxRedMan 3-bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (22BB, 4 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, TxRedMan calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Results:
Final pot: 26BB

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-14-2007, 03:33 AM

I know this post is old, but interesting enough that i wanted to comment. I'm real curious as to who the players were, because AP hardly ever spreads a game that big. I'm willing to bet I know a couple of them though. I've played in games like that on the site. My favorite was the pots avg. over 12BB for over an hour in a FOUR handed game.

The only disagreement from people seems to be the three bet on the flop. If you are playing in a game where you are sure everyone will call then it is a raise.

I just hope you didnt lose to a naked A-4. I pay off river, but if anyone raises I could safely muck.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:06 AM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?

I think you played it will from start to finish