Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2007, 08:52 PM

Default Re: bottom set deep on draw heavy board - im lost

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Every extra hand that he has in this 'less defined range' adds to your equity. You'd much much much rather have absolutely no idea where you're at in the pot, while you happily slide your chips in, than be pretty sure where he's at, but in a tough spot.

[/ QUOTE ]
I could not agree with this statement any less than i do.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nor could any of us agree less about any statment than we do.

[ QUOTE ]
the thought of stacking off with less of an idea where you are when this deep seems to be absolutely retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]
If it seems retarded, then you are thinking about it all wrong.

[ QUOTE ]
i dont think my equity is improved greatly by him having an undefined hand

[/ QUOTE ]
Well then you're flat out wrong. Plain and simple.

[ QUOTE ]
because his knowledge about my hand remains, that is he knows i have a huge hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
No he doesn't. If c/ring the flop = huge hand for you, then your image sucks big time.

[ QUOTE ]
basically what you are saying is [censored] it, i have a set im stacking off i dont give a [censored] what he has lets do this

[/ QUOTE ]
That's part of my thought process, but you're missing the important part. The important part is that I want him to get his money in with the widest range that I can. The wider his range when the money goes in, the more money we make. Period.

[ QUOTE ]
this deep there needs to be more thought into putting this many chips in the center

[/ QUOTE ]
There is no way to get away from this hand, barring a specific live read, or the board going bad, IMO.

Given the live reads you have, I have no idea why you'd even consider getting away.

[ QUOTE ]
the more information the better decision you can make in the long run no?

[/ QUOTE ]
No. Not necessarily. Not if the price of gaining that information is worth more than the information itself.
Old 05-13-2007, 02:10 PM

Default Re: bottom set deep on draw heavy board - im lost

pf/flop combo looks like qq, but theres no way i can fold here... the real question isn't whether or not you can or should fold given the line you took, but how to get the highest average EV against his entire range after this pf action and this particular flop. Take whichever line you think gets him to commit a lot of money with AK/AQ