Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2007, 10:46 AM

Default Re: need help dealing with min raises 10NL Part 1

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Need to 3bet that flop, try and get all the money in. Very good board for top 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there ever really a bad board for top 2?

[/ QUOTE ]

7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah. I'd still be pushing against your average opponent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Against a check/minraise in a multiway limped pot? I think I would consider myself to be drawing for 4 outs at this point.

/hijack
Old 05-10-2007, 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Need to 3bet that flop, try and get all the money in. Very good board for top 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there ever really a bad board for top 2?

[/ QUOTE ]

7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah. I'd still be pushing against your average opponent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Against a check/minraise in a multiway limped pot? I think I would consider myself to be drawing for 4 outs at this point.

/hijack

[/ QUOTE ]

This was why I played it so passively but maybe the fact that the board was so draw heavy and they fact that the c/minraise might be a hand that villian likes but im still ahead of, I should have been much more agro here.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:50 AM

I play 10NL and have been experimenting with raising hands like your starting hands from the btn. I’ve had moderate success as long as I continue to play aggressive post-flop and but willing to fold the hand if I get resistance unless I hit big like you did. Here is how I would play this:

PREFLOP
- Raise 4xbb +1bb for every limper

FLOP
It’s a drawey board so I’m betting close to pot. Your pot bet is good. Calling the min raise is good, but if you really wanted to gamble, push because of the drawey board. Calling is probably best here.

TURN
Once villain only bets a dollar, I’m reraising here. He is now telling me he doesn’t have a strong hand but still wants to play. This could be a blocking bet to get to a cheap draw. As someone else said, he might have 82, or 92 since he is playing from the BB and you didn’t raise. A PFR would’ve made things easier. His dollar bet is telling me I likely have the best hand.

RIVER
Villain’s dollar bet after another dollar bet on the turn definitely tells me he doesn’t want to spend too much on this hand. We can now eliminate the flush unless he is a real donkey, or he may have a smallish flush he doesn’t feel so great about. Right now I’m thinking he has either, 82, 92, or just made his straight. Trips deuces is a possibility as well but so what if I lose to trips. I’m reraising heavy here.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I play 10NL and have been experimenting with raising hands like your starting hands from the btn. I’ve had moderate success as long as I continue to play aggressive post-flop and but willing to fold the hand if I get resistance unless I hit big like you did. Here is how I would play this:

PREFLOP
- Raise 4xbb +1bb for every limper

FLOP
It’s a drawey board so I’m betting close to pot. Your pot bet is good. Calling the min raise is good, but if you really wanted to gamble, push because of the drawey board. Calling is probably best here.

TURN
Once villain only bets a dollar, I’m reraising here. He is now telling me he doesn’t have a strong hand but still wants to play. This could be a blocking bet to get to a cheap draw. As someone else said, he might have 82, or 92 since he is playing from the BB and you didn’t raise. A PFR would’ve made things easier. His dollar bet is telling me I likely have the best hand.

RIVER
Villain’s dollar bet after another dollar bet on the turn definitely tells me he doesn’t want to spend too much on this hand. We can now eliminate the flush unless he is a real donkey, or he may have a smallish flush he doesn’t feel so great about. Right now I’m thinking he has either, 82, 92, or just made his straight. Trips deuces is a possibility as well but so what if I lose to trips. I’m reraising heavy here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with all of this except raising the river just cause there isnt much that calls us that we beat so I dont see alot of value in it here

I think the raise preflop is interesting though the table so soo loose I thought limping here was good but raising is intersting option.

Is raising here good even if you are pretty sure youll get called in a few spots?