Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2007, 02:33 PM

Default Re: 160 BB\'s deep bottom set 50NL, time to fold????

[ QUOTE ]
youre a little off lorenzo. i have to call 30 into 128

34 on flop + my 30 on turn + his 64 shove

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, so you had to pay 30 to try to win 128, ~4-to-1, and with some outs if he were looking for a flush, and 1 outs if he had a better trips than yours.

I think a call is +eV.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:02 PM

lol

you have got to be kidding

you can't let a cooler make you try to rationalize not betting the turn here.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:09 PM

its not a rationalization.

what does he lead out and call a raise with then cr/AI on turn that i beat

1010-AA and 2 of those im crsuhed.
j10 i beat.
maybe turned tp with FD.
i guess a turned combo draw but that would be pretty horrid and unlikely IMO.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:33 PM

checking the turn is terrible.

this is standard
Old 05-09-2007, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well i think this sounds kinda silly. i obv cant fold after i bet the turn because the pot is huge so maybe i should ask should i bet the turn???

if there is no hearts do you bet the turn????

[/ QUOTE ]

Machine my man; you are making this hand WAY more complicated than it is.
First, although others may disagree, limping in is fine with this hand in my book. The quickest way to start an argument around here is posting a thread about small PP’s or AK. I don’t want to waste cyber ink on the subject, but I limp with these frequently OOP. With me, they’re strictly for set value. Others play them differently, well whatever. Like yourself, I have no interest in arguing the topic, but I believe that whoever is technically correct, the actual EV difference isn’t worth the discussion.
Second, when you flop your set in one of these situations, your #1 priority is how to get ALL the raisers chips in the pot. On a draw heavy board like this, that may present additional issues, but heads up your task is a little easier. IF YOU FLOPPED BOTTOM SET, SO BE IT, YOU ARE GOING TO BUST TOWN, KNOW THAT UP FRONT. You are not going to wring your hands in a girlish manner wondering about TT or JJ. When you play small PP’s, this is exactly what you want, all his money in the pot. If you are going to agonize over the possibility, then don’t play these hands, cuz a set of 3’s is almost always going to be the bottom set possible.
Last, SB 32/23/3 is not tight, and as such, his raising range is wide enough to include many quality hands you beat such as QQ-AA. I would push AK suited in this manner, and the turn actually gave AK suited more outs. It’s less like he’s playing other combo draws this aggressively ( he raised PF), but it not out of the realm of possibility. Even if he hits one of his draws, you still have outs, so all is not lost.
I’m definitely getting all my money in on this turn, as a heart on the river may kill your action. If you lose, take your beat like a man and re-load. Sets rule, baby, ALL IN.
Old 05-09-2007, 04:03 PM

ok i guess his line looks like a larger range then i thought of even given the flop and turn action.

IMO i figured by the turn it was 89 1010-AA and J10

i didnt lose this hand and his AI was basically air.

what i think people are misunderstanding, and probably do in many hands, is understanding someones range. just because this guy is 32/23/5 doesnt mean hes dumping stacks with 32% of his hands. these stats are for his preflop range. you can have a 70/70/5 guy who isnt going to put all his chips in the middle postflop with nothing. some people play super loose preflop and make up for it with great postflop play.

i really wanted to see people give him more of a logical range then "uhhh doesnt matter you have a set its going all in". i know that and didnt have any intention of folding but really considering his range and the hands that he may be making this play with it seems like a smaller range that i actually beat. this one was a lock but its something i thought was interesting.
Old 05-09-2007, 04:09 PM

nh, you accomplished everything you wanted. you got a pf raise in to build the pot in case you flopped your set. you flopped your set and got all your money in.