Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2007, 05:27 PM

Default Re: I am a rock

I hadn't.

Bastard.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:03 PM

"I AM AN ISSSSSSLAND!!!"

EVERY TIME I SEE THIS THREAD TITLE
Old 05-07-2007, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Its best not to bluff at the micros. They will not work often enough to carry a +EV.

[/ QUOTE ]
This statement is just wrong. You can easily find weak-tight/MUBSY/plain awful players at the micros, so bluffing is a sigificant part of the game. You just need to pick your spots as always. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

A consistent micros-bluffer will lose money in the long-run. That's not to say you CAN'T bluff. But I wouldn't suggest bluffing at the micros to anyone let alone a new player.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:34 PM

Thanks for the advice. I have posted the odd hand in the past and I'll continue to do so. I enjoy the discussions and respect the advice I get. I like the discussion, theory, books, etc. almost as much as playing.

Must admit, the long run seems a long, long way away. I get to play for about 3 or 4 hours a week and I've no desire to multitable yet. I get enought food for thought out of 60 hands per hour. So, some of you guys play more hands in a day than I do in a year!
Old 05-07-2007, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the advice. I have posted the odd hand in the past and I'll continue to do so. I enjoy the discussions and respect the advice I get. I like the discussion, theory, books, etc. almost as much as playing.

Must admit, the long run seems a long, long way away. I get to play for about 3 or 4 hours a week and I've no desire to multitable yet. I get enought food for thought out of 60 hands per hour. So, some of you guys play more hands in a day than I do in a year!

[/ QUOTE ]

Improving the quality of play is what's important, and it seems you've acquired for yourself the proper structure for long-term progression. Most of the players multi-tabling have learned the basics for their specific limit, and are probably working on increasing their BR so that they can move up in limits. They have for the most part accomplished the prerequisite training and are able to multi-table.

Check this convy out btwn myself and one of the world's best online limit players:

bung: Hoss, what do you suggest one can do to improve his limit game?

Hoss_TBF: oh, i think the very best thing you can do is this: play a lot of hands, just 1 table at a time, spend 20 minutes after your session going over your hands, really thinking about them and ask yourself 2 questions 1) is my play balanced 2) am i correlating pot size to hand strength. If you do this rigorously and not superficially, you should improve quite a bit.