Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2007, 02:56 PM

Default Re: Engagement Rings

Spent 16k a little over 2 years ago. Platinum setting, 1.68 center stone (round, D, VS2 etc.etc.) 2 smaller side stones (.5 each same color, SI2), 2 baguettes off of the smaller side stones. We'll be married 2 years in Nov.

She loves it but never would ask for that much. I'd buy the same ring now if I was to do it over.

Yeah I am a sucker.
Old 05-07-2007, 03:12 PM

See Hellrazor and thats how I feel. I am willing to spend some money on her b/c I want to...but if the girl demands some ring like that then its a whole different story
Old 05-07-2007, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can't you only put like 4k into a ROTH? I don't know obviously I was just under the impression you can't put a lot of money into it at any given point in time.

IRT the down payment for a house...my parents told me I either get the wedding of my dreams or the down payment for a house. So I'll make that choice when I get there. I don't really have to worry about money, so I think that my whole argument of Moissanite etc. vs. diamond is going to come down purely to the principle of the matter. I think that conclusively what I'm going to have to tell whomever gets the pleasure of marrying me is that I would prefer the biggest, shiniest ring he can afford. And I would prefer to be under the impression it is a diamond, and given that we are getting married, I feel like the money he saves will kind of go towards me anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

all i can say is wow....

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, this is some whackass [censored] here.
i'll pass.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
R O F L

Take a wild guess which chick grew up hot.

I guess that's one thing I like about being a guy, your appearance doesn't necessarily define your personality.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it necessarily has to do with looks. I got a lot of attention from guys in high school and everything... I just think it has to do more with your life experience.

My boyfriend and I work 40+ hour weeks, which as some of you know, is pretty draining and can be miserable, particularly when you're accustomed to the college lifestyle. Everything we do and everything we buy is paid for by our hard-earned money. I would much rather get our incomes invested in a house, or have the opportunity to stay home to raise my kids someday, or retire early than to have a big $15k status symbol on my left ring finger.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can't you only put like 4k into a ROTH? I don't know obviously I was just under the impression you can't put a lot of money into it at any given point in time.

IRT the down payment for a house...my parents told me I either get the wedding of my dreams or the down payment for a house. So I'll make that choice when I get there. I don't really have to worry about money, so I think that my whole argument of Moissanite etc. vs. diamond is going to come down purely to the principle of the matter. I think that conclusively what I'm going to have to tell whomever gets the pleasure of marrying me is that I would prefer the biggest, shiniest ring he can afford. And I would prefer to be under the impression it is a diamond, and given that we are getting married, I feel like the money he saves will kind of go towards me anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

all i can say is wow....

[/ QUOTE ]

i'll pass.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know who you guys are quoting, but whatever one of the girls said this 1. isnt too different from a lot of the girls out there, 2. is actually a little more sane and upfront about things than about most of em that I know
Old 05-07-2007, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

all i can say is wow....

[/ QUOTE ]

i'll pass.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know who you guys are quoting, but whatever one of the girls said this 1. isnt too different from a lot of the girls out there, 2. is actually a little more sane and upfront about things than about most of em that I know

[/ QUOTE ]

true, but the girl I'm marrying is not like that and I wouldn't even consider being with someone who thought like this. Its shallow and materialistic imo
Old 05-08-2007, 07:59 PM

I suggest going to a jeweler and and having something custom made. It's really not that much more expensive and has some other rather large benefits that I describe here
Old 05-08-2007, 09:15 PM

When I bought the engagement ring for my ex-wife, the ring she wanted was less then $300. I didn't listen and had a ring made out of a concepts I had seen on other rings. I took her to the jewelery store and showed her one like it, and she said, "God no, anything but that one." The jeweler was very nice about taking the other one back, and I got the one she wanted in the first place.

I'm in the process of looking at rings with my girlfriend. We found some we both liked online, but when she tried similar ones on in stores, we both changed our minds. I know what she likes, so now its up to me to come up with the when and how . . . oh yeah and make money in the WSOP to pay for it.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:24 PM

Suited,

So that's what you mean by "Doing it . . . AGAIN!!!"

Congrats!

Same girlfriend as a while back or new one?
Old 05-08-2007, 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
R O F L

Take a wild guess which chick grew up hot.

I guess that's one thing I like about being a guy, your appearance doesn't necessarily define your personality.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it necessarily has to do with looks. I got a lot of attention from guys in high school and everything... I just think it has to do more with your life experience.

My boyfriend and I work 40+ hour weeks, which as some of you know, is pretty draining and can be miserable, particularly when you're accustomed to the college lifestyle. Everything we do and everything we buy is paid for by our hard-earned money. I would much rather get our incomes invested in a house, or have the opportunity to stay home to raise my kids someday, or retire early than to have a big $15k status symbol on my left ring finger.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jena, i believe that's your name

i thought you guys were both high stakes baller poker players?

who's your BF on the forum? i'm confused?

i thought you and fluff were like first ladies of poker and your bfs are like ballers?

you guys work 40+ hrs a week?
wtf?