Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2007, 06:33 PM

Default Re: JJ overpair line check

[ QUOTE ]
Hmmm... to me it looks like on the flop I am always getting raised by hands like AsKs and he could easily keep playing slow with KK/AA and the obvious 88/99.

On the turn I think his range is maybe 20% playing back light, some junk but 80% of the time it is gonna be a set or bigger pair. Thus I folded.

Any1 else agree with this or go w Jim?

[/ QUOTE ]

in my experience he doesnt seem to be the type that slowplays a lot, but that might be because he views me diferently than you ( he views me as a nut i think ).
Old 05-07-2007, 10:46 AM

Default Re: JJ overpair line check

Wow, i'm being discussed on 2+2. I'm flattered.

What is really interesting to me is that i'm the villian and i have no idea what i have. What is very important in looking at this hand is not only your reads on me, but what you believe my impression is of you. Without any info on who you are, I can't put me on a hand here. The others might know you, so then there advise might me sound, but some info. on how you think others perceive you will help.

If i was guessing.

I don't have AA KK AXs 55 88 99. Any of those hands i would raise the flop, and try to take it down there.

I might have QQ TT, and not sure where im at, so i'll take a card and see how you respond on the turn, with maybe AK.

66 77 and air are possible too. If you are somewhat TAG, i might beat my 66 77 figuring to be ahead of AK, and have 6 out on the river.

Air is also possible. If you have been 3betting me a little too much, i might have decided to make a stand.

After all that, I think you were ahead about 80% of the time in this hand. If you give me a HH i'll look it up. I'm really curious to see what i had also.