Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2007, 03:18 PM

Default Re: Stephen Jackson Story...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's just sad that a baseball player passed away just days ago and it's almost forgotten.

[/ QUOTE ]

lots of people passed away two days ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would just hope that with an event that occured that maybe we could hear some good stories. I'm not a pessimistic person, I love good news.

I love going on the Jaguars website not only for the news of the day but also for the random good thing that the team has done. Just recently the team was part of a process that is distributing 130,000 new books. It's not the sport but it involves the people that play the sport. It shows that not all these people that we read in the paper today are inhuman.

Link to book distribution. I just don't see how this is a bad thing to make public. And why it always has to be something evil.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's just sad that a baseball player passed away just days ago and it's almost forgotten.

[/ QUOTE ]

lots of people passed away two days ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would just hope that with an event that occured that maybe we could hear some good stories. I'm not a pessimistic person, I love good news.

I love going on the Jaguars website not only for the news of the day but also for the random good thing that the team has done. Just recently the team was part of a process that is distributing 130,000 new books. It's not the sport but it involves the people that play the sport. It shows that not all these people that we read in the paper today are inhuman.

Link to book distribution. I just don't see how this is a bad thing to make public. And why it always has to be something evil.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's totally fair and admirable. it just bothers me when people treat famous or semi-famous people deaths as any more tragic than some dude you've never met.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:09 PM

Jackson never caused any trouble for the 2003 Spurs. He played really clutch against NJ in the Finals.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
gumpzilla,

If I am being leveled I will take the haha's all around.

[/ QUOTE ]

No leveling. Obviously this stuff

[ QUOTE ]
Speaking of that, he is the type of person that pulls a gun on a person after a traffic accident outside a strip club, he is also the type of person that goes into the stands to fight during a basketball game.

[/ QUOTE ]

is a much bigger deal and seems pretty indefensible. I can't argue that him waving money and his watch at the fans is mature/professional, but it also doesn't seem very serious or upsetting to me either, and I think that absent his history of other stuff it would generally be unremarkable.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jackson never caused any trouble for the 2003 Spurs. He played really clutch against NJ in the Finals.

[/ QUOTE ]

He was also as big a reason for the Spurs beating the Mavs in Game 6 as Steve Kerr was. Before Kerr went insane, Jackson hit multiple 3s of his own just to keep the Spurs in striking distance.

I [censored] hate Jackson.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:08 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]

I [censored] LOVE Jackson.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-03-2007, 09:01 PM

If I were looking at this last event with the fans in a vacuum, I would think it was hilarious. When you consider all the other [censored] he's done though, it's just sad.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:23 PM

“I make love to pressure” -Stephen Jackson

TrueHoops posted that quote on his blog today. I had forgotten all about it.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:36 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

i was so glad to see jackson pwn the [censored] out of all the haters in this thread. The claim that people who liked him were of poor character showed that the person who posted it may have actually been retarded. Stephen(everyone needs to stop with the steven, hes not on the STL Rams) was just unconscious and worked his ass off to win our first playoff series in 16 years. Yet of course we have to have this thread so some guys on an internet message board can feel better about themselves by insulting his character. what a joke. Stephen Jackson Rules.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:40 PM

PITT, you should start following the Miami Hurricanes.