Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2007, 07:05 PM

Default Re: 200/400 stars.......Strange hand

bk,

There's a fine line between being a nazi moderator and letting people go trolling around.

You are sliding the line so low that 1 liners are ok. Simple solution to your dilemma of "how much useless [censored] do we allow because people wanna do it and can't live without?" - ban people who consistently post 1 liners. Very easy.

This is not ROCKET SCIENCE - forum moderating is very easy - one sets a STANDART and then puts effort towards being CONSISTENT with the standart.

Now you or whoever else is moderating, have set a standart of not moderating anything but the most blatant insults such as "[censored] you bitch". If that is all you want of High Stakes, that is all you get.

My apologies, for I thought one liners belong in BBV and OOT but turns out I was wrong.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:09 PM

Come on Alex, give BK a break. Kahn's post was uncalled for and unconstructive, but be a bigger man than him and just ignore it.

That said, I am curious about who he is on Stars . . .
Old 05-03-2007, 11:48 PM

thx for the quick response and explanation Alex.....I watched the rest of the match and watched DoD leave broke, he played very poorly and was tilting so the K high call down makes a little more sense to me but that guy really was having some god awful luck, so it appearded
Old 05-04-2007, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and if he does how has he been playing the highest games for so long?

[/ QUOTE ]

PokerStars Game #9733289395: Hold'em Limit ($200/$400) - 2007/05/03 - 18:07:13 (ET)
Table 'Theresia II' 6-max Seat #4 is the button
Seat 2: Hoss_TBF ($9975 in chips)
Seat 4: AlexSem ($10165 in chips)
Seat 5: pokkermon ($10989 in chips)
Seat 6: tiger76 ($22858 in chips)
pokkermon: posts small blind $100
tiger76: posts big blind $200
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to AlexSem [Tc Qd]
Hoss_TBF: folds
AlexSem: raises $200 to $400
pokkermon: folds
tiger76: raises $200 to $600
AlexSem: calls $200
*** FLOP *** [Th Td Qs]
tiger76: bets $200
AlexSem: raises $200 to $400
tiger76: calls $200
*** TURN *** [Th Td Qs] [3c]
tiger76: checks
AlexSem: checks
*** RIVER *** [Th Td Qs 3c] [9c]
tiger76: bets $400
AlexSem: raises $400 to $800
tiger76: raises $400 to $1200
AlexSem: raises $400 to $1600
Betting is capped
tiger76: calls $400
*** SHOW DOWN ***
AlexSem: shows [Tc Qd] (a full house, Tens full of Queens)
tiger76: mucks hand
AlexSem collected $5295 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $5300 | Rake $5
Board [Th Td Qs 3c 9c]
Seat 2: Hoss_TBF folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: AlexSem (button) showed [Tc Qd] and won ($5295) with a full house, Tens full of Queens
Seat 5: pokkermon (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 6: tiger76 (big blind) mucked [Jh Kh]

[/ QUOTE ]

You missed a bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-04-2007, 02:17 AM

High stakes LHE is such a [censored] joke LOL
Old 05-05-2007, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do I call that river? It depends, in a lot of cases no I dont because I think he has a pair pretty often, but Id say 35% of the time or so Id call the river with my K high.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a question that should addressable empirically, if not even analytically, but I've been really wondering whether I undervalue K-hi in 2 or 3 handed games. I don't play high stakes. I've created the default rule for myself that I want to call with A-hi and need a reason to fold it, but I want to fold with K-hi all but rarely. Considering the amount of extreme aggression in online games, I wonder if that's way off.

edit: I want to know what the bots do!
Old 05-05-2007, 07:16 PM

Ya missed a bet on the turn, right?

You guys ALL play a game that is way over my head. I remember playing Tiger76 back on Party at 15-30 and then 30-60. He obviously must win, but I can't for the life of me figure out how. I orginally tagged him as a superfish, cuz he seems to take the worst of it alot. But he's gotta be doing something right. This is why I've never been good enough to crush online. I just can't figure out how players who seemingly take the worst of it so often, make up the difference, though I'm sure it's against players like me.

I'm sure your call on the turn with K9 was correct. But it wouldn't be correct against me, because I'm gonna at least have an ace or small pair. However, I'm being sincere when I say that I have no doubt you'd crush me. Both in this hand (when you hit your king), and all other hands as well. I suspect you'd outplya me in every other hand where neither of us hit. That's the difference between current games and the ones I first started playing 9 years ago. Back then, calling this turn raise would be suicide. Now it's good, tenacious play. The game of limit hold'em has passed me by.
Old 05-05-2007, 07:19 PM

i'm with you lestat
Old 05-05-2007, 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ya missed a bet on the turn, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

The turn check was intentional. Reason? To get him to pay me off when he hits or at least call the raise.

I raise the flop being an unusual play on my side that gets him wondering. Then I quickly check the turn indicating a free card, he puts me on KJ or J9 or low pocket pair. Considering he has KJ, J9 or at least A high, he'll bet the river almost always.

When he does, I raise. Does he call? Yes, unless he had a bad A high. Whenever he catches his 2 outer or 8 outer or 6 outer that he thinks is good, he's guaranteed to pay when I raise him and possibly 3-bet.

If I wanted to valuetown my FH. I'd smoothcall the flop and raise the turn or raise flop and bet turn, bet river. I felt that considering the number of possible draws and cards that he thinks would scare me, it's better to fake a draw and valuetown the river.

[ QUOTE ]

You guys ALL play a game that is way over my head. I remember playing Tiger76 back on Party at 15-30 and then 30-60. He obviously must win, but I can't for the life of me figure out how. I orginally tagged him as a superfish, cuz he seems to take the worst of it alot.

[/ QUOTE ]

His style is one that baffles a lot of 2+2ers because even when he has the worst of it, he's still a longterm winner vs folks that play 25/20 tight game in 6 max. Ray Zee explained it better than I could in his article this month and I'd suggest you guys check it out.

[ QUOTE ]

But he's gotta be doing something right. This is why I've never been good enough to crush online. I just can't figure out how players who seemingly take the worst of it so often, make up the difference, though I'm sure it's against players like me.

[/ QUOTE ]

The answer is simple: position is far more important than folks give it credit for.

[ QUOTE ]

I'm sure your call on the turn with K9 was correct. But it wouldn't be correct against me, because I'm gonna at least have an ace or small pair. However, I'm being sincere when I say that I have no doubt you'd crush me. Both in this hand (when you hit your king), and all other hands as well. I suspect you'd outplya me in every other hand where neither of us hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

The games have changed drastically. The amount of aggression I see on stars games is something I had seen never ever back when Party introduced 30/60, 50/100 and 100/200. It's tough for most players to adjust to and the swings take their poll (I'm hella broke while Tiger and 62offsuit are not), so :P

[ QUOTE ]

That's the difference between current games and the ones I first started playing 9 years ago. Back then, calling this turn raise would be suicide. Now it's good, tenacious play. The game of limit hold'em has passed me by.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, I can't even find 4 tables of 100/200 the past few weeks - sad state of affairs [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-05-2007, 09:20 PM

alex I read your argument but I think your turn check is quite bad. There are a ton of hands tiger 3bets with from the BB that would call both a turn and river bet from you (not all of which would bet/call the river after turn goes check/check) and very few hands that would check/fold after calling the flop. There are also a bunch of hands that would checkraise the turn and calldown a 3bet (sometimes AQ, AA, etc.) but would only bet/call the river after you check through.

You are an aggressive player and after he calls the flop he is almost never folding that turn.