Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2006, 07:23 PM

Default Re: ***results***

[ QUOTE ]
As I expected, I was right and this hand was a yawner.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha pwned [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

dont worry i will continue to sit on your left and take your money!
Old 02-24-2006, 03:41 AM

What? You fold after he shows no strength whatsoever and donks the river? I know that many people will bet the river when they hit their flush for fear of it being checked through, but usually those same people show some aggression AT LEAST on the flop. What do you put him on to make this a quick and easy river fold for you?

-tony
Old 02-24-2006, 06:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What? You fold after he shows no strength whatsoever and donks the river? I know that many people will bet the river when they hit their flush for fear of it being checked through, but usually those same people show some aggression AT LEAST on the flop. What do you put him on to make this a quick and easy river fold for you?

-tony

[/ QUOTE ]

Hes a passive fish who plays his draws slow and when he calls the turn, he can't simply have overs to the board anymore and a flush draw makes sense for him here.

Looking back at the board, he can have a A6 or A5 here as well but I don't think he'd bet those on the river and he certainly wouldn't bet another pair of 3s either.

Just saying that at the time, I probably would have folded had he bet, giving him 86, 85 or a flush. Probably close but I guess his hesistation at the time would have forced me to give more thought to the decision. Lucky me that he didn't bet [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-24-2006, 08:41 AM

Default Re: Baronzeus wants feedback on this one.

This is a bet every time as long as your oppents are not very agressiv/tricky. Basicly a turn check-raise from a non tricky opponent is going to be the trips or better and you can easily fold.

The times one of them have a better pair and calls you, will easily be made up by making draws pay and fold someone who possibly called flop with two overcards or overcards and a gutshot.

Unless you improve river is a easy check. (guess someone allready said everything in this post, so i'm just stating the obvious [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]).
Old 02-24-2006, 10:36 AM

Default Re: Baronzeus wants feedback on this one.

You really gotta put the raise in preflop. You will build the pot, and if you have a flush draw on the flop you will be giving the rest of these Donks enough room to chase their tails around while you raise the crap out of them. Your raise also may help you maintain position.

As for the turn, you dont win pots being passive. Throw a few more logs on the fire.