Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2006, 11:26 AM

Default Baronzeus wants feedback on this one.

1st limper is total 40/20 donk, next limper is excellent player (22/12), button is BaronZeus, sb is LayneFlack and BB is strangely passive 30/15 fish.

Game had been playing pretty aggressive and since there was no pf raise, I'd expect my hand to be good against most everyone once its checked to me. This seems to me like super easy FLOP bet, baronzeus thinks maybe flop check is best or closer than I make it out to be.

Ultimate Bet 80/160 Hold'em (8 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

River: (6.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 6.50 BB
Old 02-22-2006, 11:33 AM

Default Re: Baronzeus wants feedback on this one.

I probably would have taken a free card on the turn and hope to improve on river.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:01 PM

Location: My Avatar is Cursed for my Teams. Please don\'t curse my burger.

Super easy flop bet. As Paluka brought up, I think the turn is where the question should be. I never know what to do here, I hate giving a free card to the flush draw, I hate getting check raised, I hate letting the guy who peeled with k[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]j [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] get a chance to catch up.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:14 PM

I like postflop, but i am folding preflop
Old 02-22-2006, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like postflop, but i am folding preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

i like postflop too, but huh? fold preflop? i am raising, not folding. no way the excellent player limps with an ace. he has suited cards or a small pair. he is isoraising anything reasonably big. also, good player on the button facing 3 limpers will play lots of hands. raise preflop, steal the button, gain intiative, and take your free turn if needed
Old 02-22-2006, 12:18 PM

i don't really hate getting check-raised by a "strangely passive" 30/15 player
Old 02-22-2006, 12:38 PM

I like the way this hand was played and would play it the same. I think you have to bet the turn to charge the club and overcard draws and also to set yourself up for a possible free showdown.
Old 02-22-2006, 02:22 PM

I like this hand fine. I might have raised pre-flop to try to represent a little more than I really have, as well as pick up the button and knock a blind or 2 out.

Given the limp, I like the post-flop play. I think checking the turn like paluka suggests is pretty bad. If you're going to bet that flop, when the 4 comes off on the turn, you've gotta be happy and still feel like there's a good chance you have the best hand. Bet it!
Old 02-22-2006, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like this hand fine. I might have raised pre-flop to try to represent a little more than I really have, as well as pick up the button and knock a blind or 2 out.

Given the limp, I like the post-flop play. I think checking the turn like paluka suggests is pretty bad. If you're going to bet that flop, when the 4 comes off on the turn, you've gotta be happy and still feel like there's a good chance you have the best hand. Bet it!

[/ QUOTE ]

I just don't think I am likely to have the best hand anymore. My main reason for the check was because the big blind was described as super passive, so he would probably just check/call the flop with pairs that beat my 3s. And given that he peeled the flop, a pair is more likey than a flush draw because his hand was a random big blind hand. I guess he could have a worse 3 pretty easily. Checking the turn picks up bets from busted flush draws that bluff the river quite a bit too, so the check on the turn isn't a disaster against a flush draw. I would probably fold the river if the passive fish bet, though.
Old 02-22-2006, 02:48 PM

So if we get check/raised on turn, you call and call river?