FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2007, 11:45 AM

Default Re: I shot 67 (-5) on Sunday - a golf BBV

just go to this post and we can have the discussion there:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...0#Post10196675

MODs close and redirect post please
Old 05-01-2007, 11:48 AM

first off what exactly is so funny about being a pgm student?
secondly you do know that playing professionally doesn't mean the PGA tour you dumb [censored], there are dozens of mini tours throughout the US where if your capable of doing what you claimed there is no doubt you could play on.
I would bet alot of money if we met up to play however your swing and your game would not reflect someone capable of playing professionally and most likely not someone capable of breaking 80 hence why i called [censored] on your "5 under with a triple on a 137 slope course cant play pro" post to begin with. have a nice day keep making yourself feel good by making [censored] up on internet forums.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:52 AM

[just before this gets close]

P.S. you think you're the only one who knows about golf on this poker forum??? You big PGM student you! hahaha

Do you know how ridiculously easy it is to become a pro! You surely do! OOOO shot 76 x 2 and you've got it big guy! Sweet playin'!

P.P.S let's bring this back to poker. Let's assume me as a former college div 1 player with a 2 cap is the equivalent to a $1,000 player in poker.

It would be like me taking a shot at $10,000 tables and winning $40k.

DOES THAT MAKE ME GOOD ENOUGH TO TAKE ON DURRR, RAPTOR, CTS, ABA on a regular basis!? no !

lol PGM students have always made me laugh.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:56 AM

ok ill be in atlantic city all summer you said your a 2 right? i get one a side as im a 4 and we'll play for 100-300 a hole does that sound ok to you?
Old 05-01-2007, 11:56 AM

okay let's continue this here then.

uh, yes, i know what a mini-tour is thank you. when i say going professional...i mean PGA Tour. Practically any muppet can BE a professional golfer if they can shoot two 75s and put in the time. I'd rather make money thank you.

I could probably get a video of my swing when I attended a golf academy in SC for a year if you'd like it??? Not that that proves anything!

it absolutely astounds me that you think 1 deep round means i should be able to go pro. that is ridonkulous! lol.

refer to my poker analogy please.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:01 PM

I'd probably take you up on this. I'm sure it would be a good game. But you seem to think one round makes me as a player. I could go out tomorrow and shoot 75. I had a hot round. People have a hot run at higher stakes. It happens! It was my perfect 17 holes. Is that too hard to believe?

Look I don't want to fight. I know what I shot. I know what I've shot in the past. I was pleased with my round and wanted to share.

I'm also humble enough to include in my post that I'm no where near good enough to play professionally at a level I'd be satisfied with Heck, I wouldn't even be good enough for mini-tours.

I had a good day. That's all there is to it.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
64 or lower is definately good enough to play professionally

[/ QUOTE ]

This is so out of context its pointless. A members kid where I work came out and blazed the course one day and shot 63 with bogeys on two of the easiest holes on the course. Next day he shot 65. He's struggling on mini tours in Florida.

altho the course is 6126 from blacks tees and 69/138 rating slope
Old 05-01-2007, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
64 or lower is definately good enough to play professionally

[/ QUOTE ]

This is so out of context its pointless. A members kid where I work came out and blazed the course one day and shot 63 with bogeys on two of the easiest holes on the course. Next day he shot 65. He's struggling on mini tours in Florida.

altho the course is 6126 from blacks tees and 69/138 rating slope

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. I agree completely with OP and this poster as well. At the country club I belong to, a member's son shot a 61 on a tough Palm Springs course in the first round of the Southern California High School championships (CIF, if you're familiar with it). OK, 61 is freaking amazing. And the golfer? He walked on to a UC school....division 2. You know how the PGA's slogan is "These guys are good"? There's a reason for that. I played college baseball and spent a season in single A (not as a player, but as bullpen catcher....total disclosure). These guys were great....but only 4 of them made the bigs, and only one of them for more than two seasons (Derrek Lee, who is awesome). Point is, the difference between very, very good players and pros is HUGE.