Old 04-28-2007, 07:17 PM

Default Re: Brady Quinn: past and present NFL comps

adrian peterson lolz rofl
Old 04-28-2007, 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Peterson was a good pick here (> Quinn imo). Ofcourse, the Vikings made the worst mistake by not picking Ted Ginn here.
Old 04-28-2007, 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Again, if this kid's downside is Joey Harrington and his expected value is Chad Pennington, he would have been the first pick overall.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why? Harrington is a major major bust.
Old 04-28-2007, 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Upside: Joe Montana
Expected: Trent Dilfer(great leader, good locker room guy, decent arm strength, not very accurate)
Downside: Pick any number of busts that were either career backups or out of the league quickly. No real reason to choose one over another.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with Assani here. I am an SEC guy and I think Quinn will have a better career than Russell. If you watched any of Russell's games, you know that he finds a way to [censored] things somehow: untimely picks, fumbles, etc. His team was just so damn good (esp defense) that they could overcome these errors. He also had better players around him for sure. Ill take Dwayne Bowe and Early Duccett (sp?) anyday over Samardja (way overhyped) and the other guy, forgot his name.

Also, the Sugar Bowl really shouldnt come into play that much into the decision. Im not a ND hater, but that team shouldnt have been in that game. People wonder why ND hasnt won a bowl game in forever, its bc they get put into BCS and other good games when they cant hang. Quinn faced arguably the best D in the nation (def one of them) and Russell faced a team that any powder puff squad could put 30 on. Personally, I didnt even think Russell's throws in that game looked great anyway. He hung a lot of deep balls up there and his guys would come down with it bc ND's secondary was unbelievably sorry.

I really dont understand when all the Quinn hate started. Nobody is a guarantee, but he had a more than solid career in college in a pro style offense. His team did lose to all of the elite competition it faced, but come on, he can't throw for 4-5 TDs every game. I think he'll be a decent QB for sure.
Old 04-29-2007, 03:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Upside: He could pedder around and have a few really good seasons ala Brees or Garcia. Nothing near HOF but a few Pro Bowl Seasons and maybe deep playoff run.

Middle: and most probable: Starts one season or half a season and doesn't produce. Becomes standard back-up guy... fill in blank with anyone....

Bottom: Doesn't even start a game or fills in for one just because the coach is willing to start anyone ala the Cardinals a couple of years ago.

I know I have a big gap in between upside and middle but I really don't see him as being a person that could have a long career in the NFL floating from team to team and occasionally starting and sometimes being backup such as Krieg or Brad Johnson.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I'm amazed at how down on this guy people are. He put up great numbers at ND.

[/ QUOTE ]

Against who?

Statwise, the guy from Hawaii buries him. So what?

b
Old 04-29-2007, 03:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I really dont understand when all the Quinn hate started.

[/ QUOTE ]

It started with the ND hype machine. All the overrating of stats in the commander in chief games. Yippie.

Really hard to say just how good he might be.

I think he was picked in the right spot. I'd be suprised if he started right away. I think that'd be a mistake.

ND aside, I wish him well.

b
Old 04-29-2007, 09:51 AM

nice post barryc. nice to see a post other than "ND was hyped so Quinn will suck" post.
Old 04-29-2007, 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Please die.
Old 04-29-2007, 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Upside: He could pedder around and have a few really good seasons ala Brees or Garcia. Nothing near HOF but a few Pro Bowl Seasons and maybe deep playoff run.

Middle: and most probable: Starts one season or half a season and doesn't produce. Becomes standard back-up guy... fill in blank with anyone....

Bottom: Doesn't even start a game or fills in for one just because the coach is willing to start anyone ala the Cardinals a couple of years ago.

I know I have a big gap in between upside and middle but I really don't see him as being a person that could have a long career in the NFL floating from team to team and occasionally starting and sometimes being backup such as Krieg or Brad Johnson.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I'm amazed at how down on this guy people are. He put up great numbers at ND.

[/ QUOTE ]

He played Army, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard and I think the Indiana State Police Department.

Good college numbers != Good NFL career
Old 04-29-2007, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

So your range of possibilities for Quinn include the best quarterback ever to play the game,

[/ QUOTE ]

somebody mentioned Peyton manning?

seriously, the fact that joe montana is widely considered to be the best QB to ever play the game is hilarious.