Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2007, 06:04 PM

Default Re: Foxwoods 4/27-28 & advice from those who have been lately

I'll just echo what DrModern and ManOfMeans have been saying. You should absolutely be playing the 4/8 if you're rolled for it. To be honest, 2/4 is a silly game where you can win a ton of money pretty quick but you'll take some pretty brutal suckouts. Also the rake is pretty unfavorable to your winrate.

The 4/8 game is tougher insofar as people fold before the river sometimes but there are still 5-7 players to most flops and a bunch of LP payoff wizards. But it's not much tougher. It should be easy to figure out who you want to play pots against and the types of hands you want to see flops with (suited aces, suited connectors, any two paint cards, etc.). Most people play both games kind of like they're playing the slots (put the money in whenever you need to and see if anything comes out) so I say play the 4/8 if you're comfortable and gogogogo.
Old 04-09-2007, 03:19 PM

yes, 4/8, and i echo what they all said. the parts about the games being loose and 4/8 having rake that's not quite as bad, i mean. and the gogogogo part also.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:50 PM

Thanks for all the input, I will be at Foxwoods tomorrow late morning thru around 11 pm, Saturday late morning thru around midnight. I'll be at 2-4 to start, probably move to 4-8 at some point. Not sure of attire, I was going to wear my snazzy PPA shirt I got with my FT $20 signup for $50 boni, but I don't want to look like a serious player. I will likely have the shortest hair of anyone, refreshed the flat-top with a one on the side yesterday, hairline typical for a 42 year old, larger than normal ears. 6', 185 if standing up. Give me a 'sup bro if you see me.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:53 PM

don't wear any poker-related clothing imo, it will only kill your action a bit [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] good luck! make sure you get a new/refresh your old wampum card and get signed in properly when you start playing so you can get points. make sure you post a trip report also!