Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2007, 11:06 PM

Default Re: So OOT I think I want adderall

nervousness, irritability, anxiety, tremulousness, muscle twitching (hyperreflexia), insomnia, headaches, and heart palpitations are all side effects of the overuse of caffeine... these are each also side effects of cocaine... so yes it would be true.

Besides all this, 2 substances can have similar side effect but at different levels of severity. So yes your right, they have similar side effects, but they are much more pronounced in cocaine.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Whats wrong with a little blow. Why everyone have to get so complicated?

[/ QUOTE ]

becaue blows affects last for like 30 minutes, and adderall xr lasts for like 8-10 hours, and costs like 1/10th the price.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL adderall is probly more expensive than blow if your getting the XR and dont have insurance.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL @ yourself. A month supply of adderall is like $100, or $3/day. Blow, on the other hand, is not cheap.

[/ QUOTE ]
100 20mg xr from wallgreens is ~$130.... thats 600mg, not even 1 gram. 1 gram of blow is $40-$60. Adderall is more expensive mg for mg. Regardless, comparing the two is absurd since adderall has so many benefits with few side effects/risks while blow has no benefits and way more side effects/risks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Enough out of you. You are estupit and I dont value your opinions.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

becaue blows affects last for like 30 minutes, and adderall xr lasts for like 8-10 hours, and costs like 1/10th the price.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL adderall is probly more expensive than blow if your getting the XR and dont have insurance.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL @ yourself. A month supply of adderall is like $100, or $3/day. Blow, on the other hand, is not cheap.

[/ QUOTE ]
100 20mg xr from wallgreens is ~$130.... thats 600mg, not even 1 gram. 1 gram of blow is $40-$60. Adderall is more expensive mg for mg. Regardless, comparing the two is absurd since adderall has so many benefits with few side effects/risks while blow has no benefits and way more side effects/risks.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL i thought i was 20mg x 30 days... anyway, aside from looking dumb from that mistake, im right about adderall not even being comparable to cocaine in terms of side effects and risks.... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Besides being able to prove it definitively, i can just say from experience...
Old 04-22-2007, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, so for the past year I've been underachieving in poker, almost all due to not being able to put in enough hands. For the past few months I've been really lazy and unfocused in general.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you haven't yet, i would try eating right and exercising often before speed. these things will drastically improve your concentration.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL i thought i was 20mg x 30 days... anyway, aside from looking dumb from that mistake, im right about adderall not even being comparable to cocaine in terms of side effects and risks.... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Besides being able to prove it definitively, i can just say from experience...

[/ QUOTE ]

I can also say from experience, and I find amphetamines side effets, especially the come down (since it lasts so much longer), to be worse than that of cocaine.
Old 04-23-2007, 01:42 PM

bad. very bad.
Old 04-23-2007, 03:36 PM

Cliff Notes:
I have ADD and use Adderall. I discuss the pros and cons of the drug, and give my opinion on its use

I have always had issues studying and staying motivated for things that I was not extremely interested in. I constantly would forget what I was about to do, get distracted, and consistently ignore responsibilities.

The only thing that kept me from completely breaking down was the social consequences that I would recieve if I did not do or at least give the impression that I was responsible. Example, I studied and did homework so I wouldn't fail. Regardless, there were things that I wanted to do i.e. work out consistently, effectively study for school (I am getting my masters)

I never knew why I couldn't focus on school or why I waited till the last minute to do everything, why I was chronically late, or why I felt that I was running into a brick wall when I wanted to do something.

I finally went to a counselor, and described what I was feeling. He began to ask me many questions from the DSM. (I am a psych major so this was right up my alley). I ended up being diagnosed with ADD. I started taking Adderall and it has changed my life.

Pros:
-Constant focus, sharpness in thoughts. I feel suscinct and capable. I feel like I can finally perform to my potental.
-I feel much more content. I used to feel the urge to get out of the house and always try to experience something new. (Not that this is necessarily a symptom of ADD, but the things that I wanted to do were ususally extreme and sometimes harmful to my health)
-I have the motivation to work out, clean around the house, get school work done on time, take good notes, keep on task.
-Poker wise, I can not focus and knock out tons of hands a day. Not only that, but I am relaxed and rarely tilt. I can play and use all the capacity that I have developed to this point.

Cons:
-I have issues sleeping more then about 5 hours a night, granted it is getting better (I have only been using it for about a month)
-I almost feel driven, it is more difficult to relax and clear my mind.
-I am never hungry anymore. Now this is a good thing as I wanted to lose a little weight, however, I could see issues with this in the future once I hit my desired weight.
-Dry mouth. I go through a 24 pack of water a week.

Overall, the cons for me are not that bad. I can deal with them. I will never use this for more then I am perscribed, but I am prepared to use it for the rest of my life. The pros are great, but I would never want to think of Adderall as a magic bullet. It is a tool to help me work at my full potental. I have had to readapt however, almost having to reteach myself to function more efficiently while using it. I actually described the effects of the medication with this illustration. I went my entire life riding a bike, but I did not know that my legs were broken. Finally, my legs are fixed, but I have to relearn how to ride the bike.

Just my thoughts. For those who want to use it just to experiment, don't. Yes it does good things, but it is far better to learn to do these things on your own. I actually have a condidion that requires me to use it. If I did not have this condition, I would not use the drug.
Old 04-23-2007, 03:40 PM

Great post. How much are you taking? Did you get crazy jitters when you started?
Old 04-23-2007, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Great post. How much are you taking? Did you get crazy jitters when you started?

[/ QUOTE ]

I started on 10 mg for the first week and then have been on 20 mg since then. I take Adderall XR so I only have to take one dose a day. Sucks though that XR is not made generic so the bottles are expensive.

I wouldn't describe them as jitters, more as the need to be active. When I would play poker, for the first few days, I was consistently on the phone talking to everyone I knew. This could have been compounded by the fact however that I had just been diagnosed with ADD so I was calling all my friends and family to talk about it.

I found that working out actually made me more focused and less need to always to 3 things at once.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:01 PM

Why is it bad to only sleep 5 hours a night if you feel fine?