Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2007, 12:34 AM

Default Re: 10/20 set against whitelime

lapoker, wtf you have a set
Old 04-23-2007, 03:33 AM

Easy call, what are you putting him on the flop that makes you call there but fold the turn?

Push asap
Old 04-23-2007, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lapoker, wtf you have a set

[/ QUOTE ]

i was sure this was going to be the gist of most responses, and maybe you guys are all right, but i usually like to put people on hands.

what i know:

whitelime is a 2p2er
off the top of my head, his stats (over not too many hands) were something like 20/18
if he has stats on me they are similar to his - or tighter.

now, maybe you guys will tell me that there are all types of 20/18's, but in my limited sample i've found that the one thing about them that doesn't vary much is what they will call raises with oop.

and, at least judging by what i've seen, thre aren't a ton of semi-bluff/semi-value hands that your average 20/18 is calling with out of the blinds - stuff like qj/kj. is everyone else's experience different?

so, if those aren't in his range, then what is - small pairs mostly? maybe stuff like AJo sometimes? is he bluffing with 44? possible i guess, but this is a really bad board for that given that big cards often make up a lot of my range? jt is the only one that isn't a bluff, but makes some sense to me.

i guess i thought the chances were greater that he decided to "mix it up" by calling with something big, than they were that he decided to mix it up by calling with something weak enough to make a second best hand on this board - that's not the way good players think. they may mix it up by reraising qj instead of folding it, but i doubt they mix it up by calling.

or maybe i just play bad.

and whitleime - i actually don't have aim on either of my computers here, but i will install it in a bit just so i can hear you tell me you had jt.