Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2007, 06:26 PM

Default Re: 1/2 5players 86s

[ QUOTE ]
Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5SB, 5 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, CO folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.
<font color="green"> Excellent, BB didn't raise so now Ax would be a small range of the hands he could have. UTG calls which could mean virtually any 2 cards, i raise for value(?) and to take control of the hand(?) </font>

[/ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't raise except if it could help to make someone fold, which is obv. not the case. On Turn and River most of the cards in the deck will decrease the value of our hand from MP to bottom or rock bottom pair. Even if was true that both would down everything with any 2, you never really against what you're up. If you're raising this you could as well raise K high.

[ QUOTE ]
Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5.5BB, 3 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.
<font color="green"> Decent card. I pick up flush outs (if i am behind) but i would hate to be c/r by maniacs so i check behind(?). If i didn't pick up the flush outs I would have an easy b/f(?) </font>

[/ QUOTE ]
What maniacs are you talking about? What you have given as a read doesn't say anything about maniacs, a calling station is quite exactly the opposite. I can't see a pojnt in raising the flop but checking here. B/f would be a decent line if you trust in you read and maybe BB is abled to fold here? If not, even better for you as long as he doesn't have a T.

[ QUOTE ]
River: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5.5BB, 3 players)
BB checks, UTG, folds, Hero checks.
<font color="green"> Do i have an ultra thin vbet here? </font>

[/ QUOTE ]
Value betting BP? Even the biggest donks usually prefer folding the river if they spiked nothing on the way and won't take 73o to showdown, so what and why can you expect BB to call here with a even worse hand than yours?
Old 04-22-2007, 12:01 AM

aaron: if we get c/r on the turn do we die a little inside, call and fold a non-club/six/eight river?

MPB: BB is the maniac, see pf action in hand one and postflop action in hand 2.

My thinking in not betting the turn was to keep the pot small so i would have an easier fold if BB or UTG bets the river. I have an above average hand on the flop given my read and i raised partly to discourage BB 3barreling a 92o (as well as a value raise). Is it possibly to raise for value and as a bluff? (semi-bluff?)

I think my thought process during hands are all over the place...
Old 04-22-2007, 12:14 AM

I just call the flop, because I don't want to build a big pot when I might not have the best hand at the end. Middle pair with an ace on the flop is a fairly weak holding against two opponents, not because it isn't best now (which it could be), but because it might cost us alot to see that we aren't best.

Might as well bet out on the turn, since it could clean up some overcards that the players in between you and the BB are probably drawing to, and increase the odds of you winning the hand at showdown. You've got lots of outs here, so a check is OK if you have a good reason to belive that you will be check-raised. Getting check-raised sin't so bad, though, since we do have lots of outs. I like a bet with position on the turn. A turn bet does lots of good things here.

Check the river. Too many overcards, and more importantly, there aren't too many hands that will call us that we actually beat.