Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2007, 04:19 PM

Default Re: Flush Standard play?

[ QUOTE ]
River is a really weird one. It puts your backdoor flush out there but villain sees it at as a complete brick. Your hand looks like a monster or a bluff. I think you have to bet river as played and you just have to call the raise and hope for some weird AK or AA or something.
I think you have a lot of choices as far as lines are considered. I like just calling on the flop here most of the time. Betting turn is good if you think you can fold pairs worse than K's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why does villain see a card that pairs the board and makes a flush a complete brick?

VILLAIN is the one here who is bluffing or has a monster. Think about it. If Villain thinks hero was bluffing and the river is a brick, why is he betting? He'd want Hero to bluff.

And Villain simply isn't ever bluffing here. He bet/called the flop. He didn't do that just to hope the turn and river bring scary cards he can bluff at.

So ask yourself if Villain is really value betting something you beat here. It all depends on the villain, but if he's value betting AA now it's only because he puts you on 86.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:09 PM

Sofolding is the best play here?
Why are some asking to bet river? I am IP and act second!
Old 04-17-2007, 06:12 PM

Definitely don't bet the turn. I'd call the river (def wouldn't push) but wouldn't be too confident about it. Looks a lot like a set that was trying to get it in on the turn.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No, river is close between a crying call and a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with this.

I have played with this opponent a fair amount and he's quite nitty, but it really comes down to what you think his image of you is. However, I think this is a value bet against someone he doesn't expect to fold more than a bluff.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Definitely don't bet the turn. I'd call the river (def wouldn't push) but wouldn't be too confident about it. Looks a lot like a set that was trying to get it in on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
i am quite interested in the turn play here.
what is villians pfr? it would have to be reasonable for him to raise 88 UTG preflop.
as played to the turn, i think there is a good chance villian has something like TT/JJ, or maybe ace high.
i think the king on the turn is a great card to semi bluff.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:58 PM

I had no read on him, and still there aren`t that many players who raise SPP UTG. On the flop i thought he either has AQ+ or TT+. So why should i bet turn? Ak will push, AA will push and KK will push and i think JJ+ won`t fold here.

After i put him on this range, i think pushing riverwasn`that bad. With every kind of hand he is pretty much Pot comitted. Can he really expect me having the Flush? I don`t think so.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:50 AM

Answers?