Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2007, 11:01 AM

Default Re: ***OFFICIAL*** LOST Season 3 Episode 16 Discussion -spoiler free-

[ QUOTE ]
1. My original theory was that Juliette made a guy pregnant, and that Rachel was [or still is] a dude.
2. I thought the interaction between Mikhail and Ben was interesting. It seems like he wasn't actually an Other, but rather had an arrangement with them.
3. Nice catch by someone on Ben not wanting anyone to leave the island.
4. Ben said he lived on the island all his life; maybe he was never actually 'born'. Not likely, but possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense, but you're kinda bad at Lost.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I mentioned above that I don't like how one of my favorite (if not my favorite) characters, Jack, is turning into a bit of a pud that even I can't defend.

I've decided to assume that they're setting this up to play off somethign later on in his character. And that idea excites me. Go Jack!

[/ QUOTE ]

Take heart, I think you are right. Jack knows or a least suspects what is up.

Everyone missed an extremely important quote from Jack when Claire starts getting bad.

"Before we got back was she showing any symptoms at all?"
Old 04-13-2007, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No way Ben weighs 187 lbs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or is 5'11

...but look at the pic again.....it clearly has the name 'Rachel' on the right side...wtf [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Maybe a production error after all

[/ QUOTE ]

Obv a tranny.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any ideas as to what Juliet is supposed to accomplish in that week? I actually have no theories at the moment.

[/ QUOTE ]

My first guess is that she is there to find more test cases for her research. My other guesses are based on some possible new developments.

Did the others have Kate impregnated? Did Sawyer get her pregnant or will he since they are back together at the camp? I doubt this since they had Kate and let her go.

Is she looking for losties that are pregnant? (Sun)

Is she going to perform tests on Claire's baby? Or maybe setup a kidnap attempt on the baby or a pregnant mother.

Are the others running out of funds and need to find the diamonds to keep them going? Maybe the walkie-talkie that was setup in a supposedly filler episode allowed for a deal to be made that the diamonds would have been exchanged for a trip home by the stripper chick?

Did Locke give up some valuable information about the island that would require the others to visit the losties camp?
Old 04-13-2007, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1. My original theory was that Juliette made a guy pregnant, and that Rachel was [or still is] a dude.
2. I thought the interaction between Mikhail and Ben was interesting. It seems like he wasn't actually an Other, but rather had an arrangement with them.

[/ QUOTE ]
2.they do have an arragement. mikhail is a part of dharma. it was all in the episode like 4weeks ago

[/ QUOTE ]

Mikhail said he was never a member of Dharma after he realized Sayid knew he was not who he said he was.

As for Rachel being a post-op, remember that Juliet was able to impregnate a male mouse in her tests. I don't think this is where that would fit in (they must've mentioned it for a reason), but it's still up in the air as far as I'm concerned. It all comes down to whether or not the cancer chart was an error or a hint, and there's no way to tell for sure right now.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As for Rachel being a post-op, remember that Juliet was able to impregnate a male mouse in her tests. I don't think this is where that would fit in (they must've mentioned it for a reason), but it's still up in the air as far as I'm concerned. It all comes down to whether or not the cancer chart was an error or a hint, and there's no way to tell for sure right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

ben said "you took a woman whose reproductive organs were ravaged by chemotherapy..." right?
Old 04-14-2007, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK I have a question. If Ben has never left the island, we can assume he was born on the island.

Yet no mother can come to term with her child before Juliette comes up with her miracle drug. So how the [censored] was Ben born?

[/ QUOTE ]So far it seems that if the child is conceived off the island(but born on the island) everything will be fine. That could've been the case with Ben.

Also suppose you were born in California but moved to the East Coast when you were 6 months old and lived there your entire life. I think its still fair for you to say to someone "I've lived out East my whole life."

Or...Ben was born before "the incident" and they didn't have this problem before then.
Old 04-14-2007, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ben said "you took a woman whose reproductive organs were ravaged by chemotherapy..." right?

[/ QUOTE ]

yea
Old 04-14-2007, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good episode...want more Desmond though it looks like we may get that next week.

[/ QUOTE ]

preview(spoilerish):

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance...s-puzzle-promo
Old 04-14-2007, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Any ideas as to what Juliet is supposed to accomplish in that week? I actually have no theories at the moment.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's not much that makes sense. My best theory is that the Losties will have to make some decision in the next few days and she's there to influence them into doing what the Others want.
</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Imo its possible that shes there for any of these reasons:

-to kidnap Claire
-to kidnap Claire's baby
-to kidnap Sun(assuming they know she is pregnant)
-to kill Sayid...I realize this is far fetched, but imo he is the biggest threat to the Others by far. I know the Others could've just killed him before, but maybe they want it to look like an accident.
-to give Ethan a proper burial