Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2007, 09:02 PM

Default ***OFFICIAL*** LOST Season 3 Episode 16 Discussion -spoiler free-

LOST Season 3, Episode 16 “One of Us”
Episode blurb (in white)

<font color="white"> Jack's joyous reunion with his fellow survivors is cut short when they realize that accompanying him is one of "The Others." </font>

Previously, on LOST….

1.) As Locke, Kate and Sayid made their way to The Others’ settlement ‘The Barracks’ to rescue Jack, Locke destroyed The Flame -a valuable Dharma communication hub- and killed the prisoner they found there, Mikhael. When they reached The Others he destroyed the submarine, supposedly the last link the Others have to the outside world. Ben encouraged Locke to do this because he had promised Jack passage home the next morning. Afterwards, Ben revealed to Locke that they had somehow brought his Father to the island – likely as an attempt to further manipulate him and gain information about his ‘connection’ to the island. Afterwards The Others left The Barracks, with Locke, Leaving behind Jack, Juliette, Kate and Sayid.

3.) According to Desmond, the button was in place to periodically expel electromagnetic energy that builds up in the island. He also claimed that the plane crash was the result of him not pushing the button. When Locke refused to push it Desmond was forced to go under the hatch to flip a failsafe switch that would supposedly destroy the hatch (and everyone in it) as it expelled the energy. After the hatch “imploded” Desmond awoke in his own past in the few years leading up to his crash on the island. When he tried to make decisions that would avert this, he was told that the universe is ‘self-correcting’ and that trying to avoid his fate on the island was futile. After being jolted back to the ‘current timeline’ Desmond can now see flashes of the future. As a result of this he saved Charlies’ life twice, but told him that because of the self-correcting nature of the universe that he could not save him from this fate. Also as a result of the hatch explosion, Desmonds ex -the daughter of Charles Windmere- has located the island via the electromagnetic pulse. Oh, and Nikki and Paolo Died.

<font color="red">The Spoiler Rule

1.) Any discussion of any confirmed material/storylines that have not yet aired as part of network programming, no matter how trivial, are to be put in white.

</font>

People think it's all about misery and desperation and death and all that [censored] which is not to be ignored, but what they forget is the pleasure of it. Otherwise we wouldn't do it. After all, we're not [censored] stupid. At least, we're not that [censored] stupid.

<font color="grey">LOST
</font>
Old 04-11-2007, 09:09 PM

Default Re: ***OFFICIAL*** LOST Season 3 Episode 16 Discussion -spoiler free-

Trainspotting. What did I win?
Old 04-11-2007, 09:35 PM

Saw the early showing up here in Canada. Not to be a tease, but a completely kick ass episode. Was actually very surprised at how much info they chose to reveal. Looking forward to the discussion here.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Saw the early showing up here in Canada. Not to be a tease, but a completely kick ass episode. Was actually very surprised at how much info they chose to reveal. Looking forward to the discussion here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I fully expect this episode to shut up the haters.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Saw the early showing up here in Canada.

[/ QUOTE ]

Usually early with this reply!!! Nice work!
Old 04-11-2007, 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I fully expect this episode to shut up the haters.

[/ QUOTE ]

it better because the last 2 weeks have sucked.

well, to be more precise, 2 weeks ago sucked and then last week was just sort of a down episode, one of those that is just necessary sometimes.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:45 PM

Good, I'm excited now.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds awesome.

I'm a little behind on hands today + deep in a tournament so unfortunately I might have to catch it late.

Whether or not she ends up being a plant, the survivors have access to a LOT of valuable information with Juliette among them.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:59 PM

1.) Its been said before, but you do a great job on these threads

2.) Taken as a whole, the second part of the season has been very, very good. I'm amazed as their ability to advance the plot while still keep the mystery of the show.(yes that will create nutso responses) The flash backs have been mediocre, with the obvious exception of Desmond's.

3.) The greatest mystery is the pronunciation of your screen name. Grandma stabone, Grand masta bone, or Grandma stab one. You know lost viewers in this thread demand answers every week.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:07 PM

Worst line of the series yet?

"She's under my protection!"