Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Is the OP smarter than Bush?
Bush is intelligent, so definitely not 13 25.00%
Bush is certifiably retarded, but still no 39 75.00%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-12-2007, 01:35 PM

Default Re: 100NL: Play a hand with me: pocket jacks

[ QUOTE ]
Good arguements both sides.

Since the majority want a call, we're gonna call.

Hero calls $11, <font color="red">MP3 raises to $25.50(all-in),</font> CO folds, BB calls $25.50, Hero

[/ QUOTE ]
The majority wanted a fold by my count. (at least those giving advice as well, of course the "majority" are loosing players in the long run so never mind.)
Old 04-12-2007, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BB has told you he's not scared of you coming along, has an overpair, and is pushing any flop, and now you definitely don't have set odds.

Readless, this is a clear fold, but why do I get the increasing impression that you called and were up against AKx2 or AK and TT?

[/ QUOTE ]
I would agree if it wasn't for the effective stack sizes. We have to go with it now IMO.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BB has told you he's not scared of you coming along, has an overpair, and is pushing any flop, and now you definitely don't have set odds.

Readless, this is a clear fold, but why do I get the increasing impression that you called and were up against AKx2 or AK and TT?

[/ QUOTE ]

BB has also told you hes not competently thinking about ranges and what hero could play different ways here by buying in for $40BBs. With that dead money in the middle even a non-retarded shorty has a range we can take JJ to war against IMO

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, just looking at PokerStove, I'm probably giving them too much credit. If we say they both have AA-JJ, AK, then we win about 25%, needing 3-1 odds, which we're not quite getting if we push (~8-3 by my count). But it does look increasingly like at least one of these has lost his marbles, and a reasonable widening of that range gives us odds. What are you putting them on? MP in particular has me slightly bemused..
Old 04-12-2007, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BB has also told you hes not competently thinking about ranges and what hero could play different ways here by buying in for $40BBs. With that dead money in the middle even a non-retarded shorty has a range we can take JJ to war against IMO

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, just looking at PokerStove, I'm probably giving them too much credit. If we say they both have AA-JJ, AK, then we win about 25%, needing 3-1 odds, which we're not quite getting if we push (~8-3 by my count). But it does look increasingly like at least one of these has lost his marbles, and a reasonable widening of that range gives us odds. What are you putting them on? MP in particular has me slightly bemused..

[/ QUOTE ]

lots of shortstacks can have like 99+AJ+, as a general rule id go with something like TT+,AQ+ but i would also discount AA and KK some due to his flatcall w/ so many left to act, and prob weight AK a bit heavier than other hands as far as MP3. BB probably similar, just diff styles of idiocy. Also there will always be weird random hands thrown into ranges when dealing with shortstacks who would play any hand like this.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:54 PM

I initially said fold but if you call I think you have to push after MP3 goes all in. I think you are ahead of MP3 over 90% of the time. Since BB just called the all in it seems more likely that he has AK and knows he is up against pair and wants to see a flop before committing rest of his stack. If I were BB I would push KK or QQ after MP3's all in to shut you out of pot and get heads up. POOOSH
Old 04-12-2007, 02:00 PM

I had an almost identical hand at 25NL last night against two short stackers. I pushed in this spot. BB called with lower pps, which is what I was expecting -- that or AK. MP had low pps, too.

Not trying to be results oriented, but people do play this way.

However, maybe the gap from 25NL to 100NL changes things, but I've never played 100NL, so not sure.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:46 PM

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($40.45)
Hero ($106.10)
UTG+1 ($104.25)
MP1 ($172.85)
MP2 ($30.50)
MP3 ($25.50)
CO ($96.80)
Button ($113.20)
SB ($99)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls $4, CO calls $4, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $11</font>, Hero calls $7, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises to $25.5</font>, CO folds, BB calls $14.50, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $61</font>, BB calls $14.95 (All-In).

Flop: ($131.45) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Turn: ($131.45) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: ($131.45) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $131.45

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has Kd Ks (one pair, kings).
Hero has Jh Jd (one pair, jacks).
MP3 has Jc Ah (high card, ace).
Outcome: BB wins $81. Hero wins $50.45. </font>
Old 04-12-2007, 07:19 PM

Meh, it happens. You played it right.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]