Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2007, 05:46 PM

Default Re: Free coaching

[ QUOTE ]
I can't offer “free coaching" as in my universe that’s morally wrong to do so (no offense benlj21, just a different world for me)

[/ QUOTE ]

What color is the sky in this world?
Old 04-11-2007, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Morally wrong?? How?

[/ QUOTE ]

It’s basically that work has intrinsic value and to undermine that is wrong, as there should be some exchange made. Same logic I don’t buy lottery tickets either as I believe it undermines the value of work.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What color is the sky in this world?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on where I am. I spent two weeks in Shanghai China and did not see the sky once, oh well that’s pollution for you.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Morally wrong?? How?

[/ QUOTE ]

It’s basically that work has intrinsic value and to undermine that is wrong, as there should be some exchange made. Same logic I don’t buy lottery tickets either as I believe it undermines the value of work.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is always an exchange. Maybe not monetary -- but there is an exchange. So is volunteer work immoral? Helping out at a soup kitchen... immoral? Donating to charity? Helping the little old lady next door get her cat out of the tree? Wow. I wish more people would be immoral.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:31 PM

my observation is that strega is a scientologist, no insult intended but this is one of the principles they live by
Old 04-11-2007, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So, you never receive anything or give anything for which the payment is something marginally tangible such as good will, personal growth or experience?

I call BS.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So, you never receive anything or give anything for which the payment is something marginally tangible such as good will, personal growth or experience?

I call BS.

[/ QUOTE ]

No I think you are taking my comments out of context. I'd be willing to do a HH's exchange with a newbie and I've use to direct a lot of chess tourneys for free, as a way of paying back the debt for those that helped me along. Same concept I'd be willing to do for poker and offer something for free to repay the "debt"..
But I've paid for a fair amount of coaching over time and to pass on what I've paid to learn in a situation where I'd be working closely with someone and do this for free, is not something that I have the time for right now, nor in this case do I think is right... And I'm not taking really money, more just a token amount...
For example if I've paid $100 to have 10 HH's reviewed by a top pro, let's say I'd be looking for like $15 or $20 to review 10 HH's for someone starting out. I don't think that's unreasonable, we are not taking about answering a question or reviewing a hand or two, it take a fair amount of time and effort to go over 10 HH's....
Old 04-11-2007, 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

There is always an exchange. Maybe not monetary -- but there is an exchange. So is volunteer work immoral? Helping out at a soup kitchen... immoral? Donating to charity? Helping the little old lady next door get her cat out of the tree? Wow. I wish more people would be immoral.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes there is an exchanging and I've spent time in a soup kitchen, I think that my comments have way been taken out of context...
Old 04-12-2007, 09:33 AM

I was going to post something about how the last 8 posts youve contradicted yourself, or about wtf is the difference between lottery and poker other than one you lose $ and one you win $ but i'll just say plz stop hijacking my thread
Old 04-12-2007, 10:44 AM

Did not mean to steal you thread but you mentioned that you got lots of PM's and would be getting back to people. You infered that you had enough replies and now was going to make "cuts" and get back to folks with PM's.. that would sort of imply you are done with the thread

>difference between lottery and poker

One is work, you are paid for your skill and time, the other is trying to get something for nothing...
Pretty simple....

>last 8 posts
You have problems couting outs too? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]