Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2007, 08:24 AM

Default Re: The donk logic confuses me (Stuper hand)

I would fold. There are 5 callers and everybody can have 2+2 or even set now. Against which hand, made a pot-sized bet, r u supposing to win here? Against AT? Or maybe against a pure bluff?
Old 04-11-2007, 08:58 AM

think this early with 60 chips invested this is a shrug of the shoulders fold - theres just too many hands he can have where your behind and even those your ahead of its not by much - why invest roughly 16% of your stack this early in a very iffy situation. enuf donks around where you can move aggressively with a far higher certainty of being ahead
Old 04-11-2007, 10:29 AM

9-5 in the BB bets here and bets hard with an ace and two spades out... and yes...I call here PRF if I'm in the BB with three players in and 30 more to complete (Yes I'm a splashy gambling donkey early on).
Old 04-11-2007, 01:15 PM

I think the biggest mistake here is not reraising PF. I dont respect UTG minraises and neither should you. Nor do I respect any of the calls here. This hand is much easier to play when a real raise is put in PF, not this BS UTG crap. As played, this is either fold or all-in and folding feels more right here than jamming.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:27 PM

I think this is a fold. If you are indeed ahead here, which I'm not sure your ahead of much aside from AT. Better spots to pick off donk then on this hand. AQ and AK have you dominated and do you wanna stack off a flush draw here?
Old 04-11-2007, 01:33 PM

On 2+2 or in a book some twit said "if you think you have the best hand on the flop and a draw is showing, bet 3/4 to pot to price them off a draw"

Someone actually listened? Who would have thought?!!

PS Fold...the donk has a better hand.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the biggest mistake here is not reraising PF. I dont respect UTG minraises and neither should you. Nor do I respect any of the calls here. This hand is much easier to play when a real raise is put in PF, not this BS UTG crap. As played, this is either fold or all-in and folding feels more right here than jamming.

[/ QUOTE ]

What does "respecting" the raise have anything to do with? This is a very easy call pf, repopping is bad.

"this hand is much easier to play when a real raise is put in PF, not this BS UTG crap."

And what does that have to do with the EV of playing it this way?

Flop is a clear call or fold, pushing is a disaster.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:49 PM

i assume when you called the min raise with Axs, you figured this would be a 4-5 way pot. you didn't call to play for all your chips with tpgk, did you ???
Old 04-11-2007, 02:51 PM

I'd like to ask about the preflop action here - I'm trying to learn about how to play hands like this when blinds are so small in relation to stack sizes.

ansky, what is wrong with the preflop reraise? Are we playing AJ suited as if it were A2 suited, only for the flush value?
Old 04-11-2007, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to ask about the preflop action here - I'm trying to learn about how to play hands like this when blinds are so small in relation to stack sizes.

ansky, what is wrong with the preflop reraise? Are we playing AJ suited as if it were A2 suited, only for the flush value?

[/ QUOTE ]

no... why do you need to play it for x value? Just play it for what happens on the flop. There are situations in which I would go broke w/ 1 pair here, and situations where I would fold trips... it depends yo.