Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2007, 07:35 AM

Default Re: The Most Hated Family In America

I would love to see them picket a funeral in Jersey.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:56 AM

This group was formed in response to the Phelps cult.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patriot_Guard_Riders

They block the cult out of view, and use their motorcycles to drown out the chants.
Old 04-06-2007, 08:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This group was formed in response to the Phelps cult.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patriot_Guard_Riders

They block the cult out of view, and use their motorcycles to drown out the chants.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very interesting, thank you for posting. I have an immense amount of respect for those guys.
Old 04-06-2007, 09:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow... just wow. I can't believe nobody's like, seriously hurt/killed any of them yet. I hope they come up north with that routine.

[/ QUOTE ]

They pulled this crap at a soldier's funeral here in Massachusetts. The Boston Police Department sent their bagpipe band to the funeral. The bagpipers stood right next to the Phelps nutjobs and whenever they started screaming the bagpipers would bust out some tunes.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow... just wow. I can't believe nobody's like, seriously hurt/killed any of them yet. I hope they come up north with that routine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just curious... let's say Joe is the father of the young soldier who is having his funeral and this family is picketing across the street saying they're happy for his death. Joe walks across the street and shoots the dad in the head. If you're on the jury for Joe's murder trial, are you putting him in jail for murder, for anything? I know I'm not.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was just reading the Wiki article for them and saw "In 1994, a woman tried to run down protesters in Topeka after one of them screamed obscenities at her while her pick-up truck was parked at a stop light. She was arrested, but was later found not guilty due to temporary insanity."
Old 04-06-2007, 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I was just reading the Wiki article for them and saw "In 1994, a woman tried to run down protesters in Topeka after one of them screamed obscenities at her while her pick-up truck was parked at a stop light. She was arrested, but was later found not guilty due to temporary insanity."

[/ QUOTE ]

People should become temporarily insane like this more often.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:34 AM

Wow, I know several people in the armed forces, if any of them were to be killed and these people showed up, there is no way I would leave there with that woman still breathing on her own.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:47 AM

From wikipedias article on that church

[ QUOTE ]
* During a March 26, 1993 protest at Topeka's Vintage Restaurant, a riot broke out and eight WBC members were hospitalized for various minor injuries; WBC now pickets the restaurant every day, as well as the places of business where employees went after leaving the Vintage in an attempt to escape Westboro. In addition, the congregants hold a memorial service every year on the 26th, commemorating what they refer to as "the Vintage Massacre".
* In 1994, a woman tried to run down protesters in Topeka after one of them screamed obscenities at her while her pick-up truck was parked at a stop light. She was arrested, but was later found not guilty due to temporary insanity.
* In 2003, WBC member Charles Hockenbarger, who was in his 70s at the time, had his face crushed in a beating after standing on a street corner holding a sign reading "THANK GOD FOR SEPT. 11". Hockenbarger was recovering from open heart surgery at the time and ignoring the usual doctor's orders for bed rest. Westboro posted photos of the aftermath of the attack on its homepage, claiming that the (still unidentified) perpetrator was a homosexual and that the attack had been part of a murder conspiracy to kill Hockenbarger, though offering no proof of these allegations.
* During a protest at the 2005 presidential inauguration of George W. Bush, WBC protesters were slapped, kicked and had their signs forcefully taken by other protesters.
* There have been differing reports on actions at an October 5, 2005, picket of a Wisconsin soldier's funeral. One report was that Sheriff Todd Nehls asked Paulette Phelps to move so he could protect her. Her group called him a Nazi and refused to comply. A conflicting claim put forth by members of the WBC alleges that Sheriff Nehls punched Paulette Phelps in the face. Video of the purported incident at godhatesfags.com — which claims to show Nehls striking one of the church members — is ambiguous, and at the point the purported attack takes place, the camera is pointed at the ground (indeed, large portions of the video are made up of shots of Westboro members' feet and the ground).[46]
* During a picket in Seaford, Delaware on May 21, 2006, a mob broke through police lines and tried to assault WBC members who fled into a police van. Some of the mob then began banging on the van attempting to get inside. Two windows of the van were shattered before the van could get away. Five people face criminal charges.[47]
* In 2002 Blue Valley North High School held productions of The Laramie Project play. Westboro members made it known that they were coming to picket the school. To their surprise many students cut class to meet the picketers and a small riot ensued with a few instances of car vandalism. The school later made tickets to the shows "buy ahead" in order to keep Westboro members from interrupting the play. Subsequently Phelps' website started declaring that "God Hates Blue Valley North" and proceeded to picket every year's graduation ceremony following the event.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-06-2007, 01:09 PM

"[censored] eat poop" "it's a fact"

LOL, wow those people are effed up.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, I know several people in the armed forces, if any of them were to be killed and these people showed up, there is no way I would leave there with that woman still breathing on her own.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, there's no way I wouldn't kill as many of them as possible if they did this at a friends funeral.