Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2007, 09:41 PM

Default Re: take a free card or not ?

Guys it is stupid to asume that everyone will sit and calculate odds or ev every hand you play or even any hand you play especially on a turbo table.

the fact is that bet is better option than check because if you miss on river you most likely loose, bc even if other guy had nothing he will bet the river out anyways and it is hard to call with q high, but by betting you can make him fold, which I belived will happen roughly 30 % of times ( checked last 1000 hands and picked out similar scenarios where turn doesnt change much, guy bets out flop, gets raised, folds to bet on turn)
Old 04-03-2007, 10:56 PM

"Guys it is stupid to asume that everyone will sit and calculate odds or ev every hand you play or even any hand you play especially on a turbo table."

so since we cant do equity calcs at the table we shoudl totally ignore their implications?
Old 04-03-2007, 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

the fact is that bet is better option than check because if you miss on river you most likely loose, bc even if other guy had nothing he will bet the river out anyways and it is hard to call with q high, but by betting you can make him fold, which I belived will happen roughly 30 % of times ( checked last 1000 hands and picked out similar scenarios where turn doesnt change much, guy bets out flop, gets raised, folds to bet on turn)

[/ QUOTE ]

On the other hand, if you check and an ace or a king comes it may actually improve your bluffing equity dramatically since "a high" and "k high" is what you are now representing. I personally think this spot is too close to just pick one option over the other and it's probably good for a balanced game to do both.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:02 AM

DrSavage I think in a game like this it is always good to keep control of the pot, in a smaller or tigheter game it is almost always a check imo.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Guys it is stupid to asume that everyone will sit and calculate odds or ev every hand you play

[/ QUOTE ]

no, you do it lots of times off the table and recognize when a similar situation arises.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:31 PM

take the freeibie, risking getting raised sucks hard, the turn is a non threat and if he has a 10 he check raises a lottt...calls either way...check er thru and hit your multiple outs.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it is a pretty clear check. If there turn card was >10 I would bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

do you think the limper folds river if you check and river is >T?

do you think he folds if you bet now and bet river >T?

i think there is value in betting here despite the fact you're on a draw. limper can have some other pairs not Ts and fold them readily on river. but that is expensive & pot isn't that big.

overall, i'd say check, but there is some consideration to betting.

Barron