View Poll Results: Cheater or Idiot
Cheater 4 7.41%
Idiot 50 92.59%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-02-2007, 03:05 PM

Default Re: PokerStars wants your opinion [hand for hand in MTTs]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In tournaments where a lot of players qualify through smaller buy-ins (read: Sunday Million), even small relative increases in prizes represent significant changes for such players who would have quite a bit of insentive to stall. Please recall stall-fests in Pokerroom and Partypoker. Keep H4H as it is for all increases.

[/ QUOTE ]
I believe the general thrust of Mike's post was that if you compare rooms with lots of H4H (Party) and those with very few H4H (FTP) you will see less stalling with less H4H, even though it may seem counter-intuitive. Players aren't as aware of said increases happening.

[/ QUOTE ]Yea, a lot of players don't even watch the lobby lol

I watched a $650 sat to WSOP on stars and they were very close to winning a seat, 3 away or something. One guy kept playing pots even though he had a for sure $11,000 seat. He just wouldn't stop playing and there were 3 or 4 times where he had a for sure seat and never stopped. He even bet/bluffed AK all the way and got called by medium pocket pair. I forgot if he won a seat or not.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:08 PM

I think there should be hand for hand any time the tables start to get shorthanded, so the final 3 table bubble seems like a good spot too, not sure where else tables get short handed wiating for others to bust, but in a shorthanded situation, stalling will more visibly impact some people's tournaments imo.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:08 PM

I'm for giving the stallers less than 15 seconds to act once they've stalled one hand for 15 seconds. Last week I was in the $5 rebuy and after we got into the money a few guys were stalling every hand.

I made a statement in the chat that it was retarted to stall now that we were in the money since there was no "real" money until the final table so lets play some hands before the blinds go up.

All the stallers but one listened to me but this one guy wouldn't give it up.

So after (1) 15 second stall, give em 5 seconds to act and then auto kick in their time bank. When they use all of that they got 5 seconds a hand for the rest of the tourney. I think this would go a long way in eliminating stalling.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:09 PM

I believe the people who stall can be abused (in a blind stealing sense), which more than makes up for the annoyance. But having to wait 15 mins for H4H to end in order to have a pay increase of 22 cents has no bright side...
Old 04-02-2007, 03:10 PM

I think cash bubble + final table bubble, with some adjustment in the blind clock for the pause, would be excellent.

Also, God, I would have the love child of the first site that took an official position against stalling. I don't care if it's technically difficult to enforce.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:16 PM

Yeah, less H4H please.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:39 PM

Hand for hand doesn't stop stalling because (as far as I know) if two people are eliminated when it's HFH on the bubble, the one who is eliminated first chronologically is given the lower place. My suggestion is to fix the prize payouts so that if more than one player is eliminated on the HFH, they split the appropriate payouts.

However nothing will stamp it out entirely, some people just like stalling _because_ it's so annoying.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand for hand doesn't stop stalling because (as far as I know) if two people are eliminated when it's HFH on the bubble, the one who is eliminated first chronologically is given the lower place. My suggestion is to fix the prize payouts so that if more than one player is eliminated on the HFH, they split the appropriate payouts.

However nothing will stamp it out entirely, some people just like stalling _because_ it's so annoying.

[/ QUOTE ]
The player who start the hand with the least chips is given the lower place in H4H.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Another alternative would be to have the popup read

"The tournament is now being played Hand for Hand. The next hand will not begin until the hand at all tables is complete. So, morons, there is no point in stalling because we wait for all tables to be done, get it? Now just fold or push and you'll get your bubble money soon enough."

[/ QUOTE ]
This brings up a good point. Many players don't seem to have a clue what H4H really means and why it makes no sense to stall. Before getting rid of H4H, it would be interesting to see if the current situation could be fixed with a simple pop-up making it absolutely clear that stalling has no benefit.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:52 PM

H4H is just pointless if we cant pause the time clock. It actually encourages stalling in the turbo sats.

If we cant have the clock paused then bubble and FT only for regular MTTs. But I think the biggest issue is with the turbo sats.