Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Community (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   PokerStars wants your opinion [hand for hand in MTTs] (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=370251)

MikeJPokerStars 04-02-2007 01:09 PM

PokerStars wants your opinion [hand for hand in MTTs]

Hello 2+2,
PokerStars is interested in your opinions on the subject of ‘hand for hand’ play in MTTs.

As most of you know, PokerStars tournaments go into hand for hand mode with each increase in payout. Although I realize this sounds counterintuitive, I suspect that having so much hand for hand play actually *causes* stalling rather than reducing it. Against all logic, players who are prone to stalling tend to do it whether H4H is in effect or not. So I suspect that players lose even more level time, and for no
good reason.

We would like to have this community’s feedback on the prospect of eliminating all H4H points in non-satellite tournaments except for three: the initial cash bubble, the final 2 tables bubble, and the final table bubble. Do you think this would be a positive or negative change?

Thanks for your help,
Mike Jones
PokerStars Poker Room Management Team

PleaseSignal 04-02-2007 01:14 PM

Re: PokerStars wants your opinion [hand for hand in MTTs]

I think the only H4H should be on the cash bubble... the other pay jumps aren't significant enough to justify more H4H IMHO

shaundeeb 04-02-2007 01:18 PM

Basically,

I think that when it goes for H4H even though it hurts the hands per hour, it also adds to our edge because when the players see that they go check payjump and it makes them play a lot tighter imo. If you are worried about it affecting total play why not pause the blind clock during H4H or slow it down a lot.

So I am against the change but for adjusting the blind clock because of H4H. While we talking about this how about stars add the feature that ftp has of skipping a break would be great for fts when they get short to not wait 5 minutes when the 3-4 people want to play.

sethypooh21 04-02-2007 01:24 PM

Especially in the huge field tourneys it seems so silly to go hand for hand for a $4 increase in payouts. Money, 2-table and FT seems fine.

I will say that it's not a huge deal, just a minor annoyance, especially since it often gives me time to pee...

tedtodd 04-02-2007 01:25 PM

Yes. Most cash jumps are so insignifant, H4H just slows it all down.

Ontario_Tory 04-02-2007 01:29 PM

Is there even a need for it from 3 -> 2 tables? I realize we get short handed, and some people may stall, but W/E...

I'm thinking Money Bubble and FT Bubble is sufficient.

ASPoker8 04-02-2007 01:34 PM

Cash Bubble + Final Table bubble

HorridSludgyBits 04-02-2007 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there even a need for it from 3 -> 2 tables? I realize we get short handed, and some people may stall, but W/E...

I'm thinking Money Bubble and FT Bubble is sufficient.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, some of these increases are like 1% of buy-in or something. Very annoying.

kutuz_off 04-02-2007 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am against the change but for adjusting the blind clock because of H4H. While we talking about this how about stars add the feature that ftp has of skipping a break would be great for fts when they get short to not wait 5 minutes when the 3-4 people want to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are making too much sense. However, I'd love to see the above implemented.

burningyen 04-02-2007 01:45 PM

The blind clock should be paused as soon as any table finishes the current hand during H4H.