Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2007, 04:15 AM

Default Re: How unethical/immoral is this?

standard, id prolly do the same thing
Old 03-31-2007, 04:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
veganmav hates your guts

[/ QUOTE ]

ARE YOU KIDDING I READ THIS WHOLE THREAD HOPING TO BE THE FIRST TO MAKE THIS COMMENT AND THEN YOU
GO

AND DO THIS

HOLY GOD I AM ON TILT JHBSGFDKHNDLSKHJ
Old 03-31-2007, 04:23 AM

id say its bad for business and the economy. you would otherwise be paying for this stuff, esp if its food. you are stealing from the american gdp. thats bad.
Old 03-31-2007, 06:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

blame the lawyers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or you could blame the retard who ate expired [censored] and decided to sue someone so they could cash in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please, this is guids we are talking about here. Do not expect any rational thought.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I used to work at a drugstore with a small grocery section. When food was a certain amount of days(i cant remember the exact number) away from expiration we would throw it out. It pissed me off to no end that this food had to go into the trash and couldnt be taken home by employees or even given to some homeless shelter or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

dr dean odell, the radio talk show host, when he was in his 20s used to be somewhat of a hippie and belonged to a commune of sorts. he used to go around to different grocery stores and get the food out of their dumpster every night and get the left overs. that would be their food for the week.

ive heard him talk about it on the show before and he mentioned it's on his wiki page. he has a great liberal outlook on life if youve never listened to him. pretty interesting guy.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Was in a situation like this in high school. Worked night shift at a fast food restaurant. Generally, we'd have extra chicken nuggets, some beef patties, chicken patties, etc. Most of the closing staff, which was like 4 people grabbed what they could and it was no big deal. However, one night the district manager was the closing manager. I grabbed some chicken nuggets, and he charged me for them (half price, but still).

[/ QUOTE ]
The problem in a restaurant enviroment is that you will see people whom overcook product so that they can take it home at the end of the night. I worked in restaurants to put myself through college, and caught and fired people for it once every couple of months. Even after it became aware that I was looking for stuff like this, people would still try it. I caught employees putting stuff in garbage bags an hour or two before close, burying them in the dumpster, and then coming back after hours for it.

Companies have to have policies against stuff like this because you might honestly only take the bad stuff, but the next guy might try to make "everything" bad in order to get it for free.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you have done nothing different in behavior to obtain these items (as suggested, hiding the products so they expire, etc), then no morality or ethics are broken. If it makes you feel any better, physically put it in the dumpster, then go in and take it out of the dumpster and put in your car. You are now officially trash-picking.

[/ QUOTE ]
Try this, and get fired if they catch you. I've fired people for this, been taken to court, and won. If they have a policy against it, don't try this, unless you are ready to lose your job.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

blame the lawyers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or you could blame the retard who ate expired [censored] and decided to sue someone so they could cash in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please, this is guids we are talking about here. Do not expect any rational thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im 100% right here too.
Old 03-31-2007, 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you have done nothing different in behavior to obtain these items (as suggested, hiding the products so they expire, etc), then no morality or ethics are broken. If it makes you feel any better, physically put it in the dumpster, then go in and take it out of the dumpster and put in your car. You are now officially trash-picking.

[/ QUOTE ]
Try this, and get fired if they catch you. I've fired people for this, been taken to court, and won. If they have a policy against it, don't try this, unless you are ready to lose your job.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you such a dick?
Old 03-31-2007, 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you such a dick?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not. I'm trying to save people their jobs. I would think that would be a nice thing. Not a dick move.

Why are you so angry?