Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2007, 02:33 AM

Default Re: AQo 50nl gets check raised on turn

Obv folding isn't an option here. Call or raise. (Insert cbet comment here).

Do you really see him checking flop, then checking turn knowing you are going to bet the ace? I am just having a hard time seeing what he is representing here. I think we are way ahead on this river, raise it to 30 to get some value.
Old 03-30-2007, 02:40 AM

he was representing 88
Old 03-30-2007, 02:48 AM

minraise on the river cause you can fold to a push
Old 03-30-2007, 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Villain is 16/6/1.5 over a 30 hand sample..

His range in my mind was something like 55, 88, JJ, AJ.. and a slightly lesser chance of A5 A8 J8.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget to include Ahxh.

If your range is that on the turn, then calling the turn is probably -EV (depending on how you discount your slightly less hands). If you have 70 more hands on the guy with those stats, I think the turn is a much easier fold (have not done this math in a while).

Anyhow, turn check raises generally are financially painful. I understand your desire to call after checking through on the flop. Anyway, bet bigger on the turn, and some of your decisions become easier. Turn check-raise + large size river bet = villain really likes his hand (unless you're playing me of course [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])
Old 03-30-2007, 02:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Do you really see him checking flop, then checking turn knowing you are going to bet the ace?

[/ QUOTE ] Doesn't sound too absurd to me. Hero raised pre flop, and didn't c-bet a jack high flop when checked to. He's been checked to twice now, and an Ace is on board. I'd say villain count on a bet from hero quite often here if he wants to trap again.
Old 03-30-2007, 03:28 AM

There's nothing wrong with not cbetting this if you're not getting any respect but I think you need to bet a bit more on the turn. Your line looks really weak and any half decent player might see the A as a scare card and a good time to go for a c/r bluff. Make it $3.5 or something, you no longer have that worry and villain is likely to play his hand much more straight forward.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think he's holding AJ a large % of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont agree, i think he will not be holding a jack here because any reasonable poker player would bet a flop like that to eliminate any flush draws. AK seems reasonable to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I read this first I immediately thought villan had AJ. Look at it from his perspective. Hero is cbeting constantly, so if vil was prob planning on c/c flop or c/r flop. Its perfectly reasonably to thing that AJ wouldn't lead at this flop. vil now hits two pair on the turn and has no reason not to continue his sneakyplay. so he c/r. once river hits vil only has one hand to worry about AQ.
55 and 88 are also a possiblity, but I feel like AJ he the most likely hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think he would continue a slow play here after our check on the flop. he cannot be sure that we will bet that turn and so would have bet a little to extract some value.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:19 AM

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSE
Old 03-30-2007, 10:30 AM

I think the BB has 88 or JJ in this particular hand. Granted sample size of hands is small (30 hands), he is a 16/8. BB is not reraising the UTG preflop raise from BB out of position, and calling preflop is normal. I dont think the BB is calling a UTG raise with AJ in this spot, and if he had AK and maybe AQ, he 3-bets.

BB hits his set on a drawy board, probably expects a continuation bet, and was planning a check raise on flop, or check call, lead turn. OP doesnt fire a continuation bet with the board draw heavy, OP doesnt have squat a high percentage of time. Ace hits turn, so BB decides that he will go for the check raise again since the Ace probably hit the OP. BB leads for value on the river.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:49 AM

The way he played this hand screams 55 or 88. possibly even semibluffing with T9. Only hands villian might have that you can beat are AK AJ A8 or A5. theres a decent chance of a RR preflop if he had AK but he probably would have bet the turn becuase of the flush draw. AJ would have bet the flop becuase any K,Q or heart is scary. so the only real chance youd be ahead is if he called your UTG pre flop raise with A8 or A5 so it just depends on how loose he is. IMO he has 55