Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2007, 09:22 AM

Default Re: You\'ll either like it or want to projectile vomit

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
is your river bet for value or a bluff?

[/ QUOTE ]

Value.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. So you are representing a busted-spades bluff?
Old 03-28-2007, 09:24 AM

I have no clue what I'm representing in his eyes, I just knew that I was going to call if he bet and I was pretty sure he wouldn't fold even like 88 here against me so I threw one out there to see what would happen.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:36 PM

because its AQo, reread the op please
Old 03-28-2007, 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
because its AQo, reread the op please

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow, you must really think I'm stupid...

[ QUOTE ]
I am almost certain that he views me as a huge fish as I have 3bet a tilting normally solid player twice this night with Q9s and QTo,

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-28-2007, 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is 5k an above average win in that game? I have only played it a couple times myself..

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never won 125 big bets in a limit poker game ever. I generally play 12+ hours any time I'm winning a lot, so his winning it in likely 8 hours or less is pretty insane and requires you to not only win almost every pot you're involved in, but also be on the right end of several big hand vs big hand situations.
Old 03-29-2007, 07:27 PM

Hmm...

This board is not pretty for the range of hands this guy would likely steal with.

I think you should have played this straightforward against a player who seems to be in a good mental state and playing well.

If you 3-bet preflop and lead the flop, you may win outright in case you don't spike the Q on the turn, but as the cards fell you might have maximized value.
Old 03-29-2007, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
20 game 4 handed. Fish just got up and is standing at the cashier with his brother. Guy on my left is on tilt right now but is marginally competent and realizes that the fish leaving is bad, so he may well leave soon. As a result the last 3 of us will leave because while I think I have an edge I didn't feel like playing at all on this day and I don't really feel like playing 3 handed without any retards. It is clear from the mood at the table the game is probably going to break in the next couple hands. Villain might be a 2+2er, or I might be giving him too much credit because when a tight player wins 5k in a 20 game they have probably received a lot of super easy to play hands that make it look like they're playing well. I am almost certain that he views me as a huge fish as I have 3bet a tilting normally solid player twice this night with Q9s and QTo, ended up 3 barreling with one and semibluff raising the turn in the other only to accidentally make top pair and lose to a better top pair.

Tilty folds, villain raises on the button, I get A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and decide to call. I have already devised a genius plan of c/r most flops and possibly value betting the whole way, because I think if it works it will reinforce my fishy image instead of it looking like a fantastic play. I'm sure almost everyone is going to want to 3bet, feel free to say so.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
So this is really a pretty bad flop. Anyone want to c/f and abort all plans? I'm stupid, so I c/c, possibly c/f turn, but probably still value betting the river if he checks behind.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
yay? I want to see how many streets I can play incorrectly, so I c/c again.

River: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I donk

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure about preflop and flop, but I think turn and river are perfect. Are you bet/folding river?
Old 03-30-2007, 07:41 AM

Yeah, b/f. Nobody is ever brave enough to raise me on the end here with one pair live.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:31 PM

I'd prefer to go hard early being that the button may or may not be able to differentiate your play against the tilty regular. You've been three betting with sub-prime hands. Now that you have a real hand you get to disguise it while going hard.

I hate to tie a winning player into hanging around with flop a check raise.

In general, when players see that the end of a game is near, they'll be more likely to husband their chips. I'd prefer to give the big winner incentive to get out of the way early.

Of course, as you played it probably made you more money. I'm sure you've made a mental note for future play that the button will see you as the type to play backwards.
Old 03-30-2007, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure you've made a mental note for future play that the button will see you as the type to play backwards.

[/ QUOTE ]

He actually had Aces for the 50th time that night when he called, so he probably just filed my flop peel with 1 over card as another fishy play that makes no sense.