Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2007, 06:29 PM

Default You\'ll either like it or want to projectile vomit

20 game 4 handed. Fish just got up and is standing at the cashier with his brother. Guy on my left is on tilt right now but is marginally competent and realizes that the fish leaving is bad, so he may well leave soon. As a result the last 3 of us will leave because while I think I have an edge I didn't feel like playing at all on this day and I don't really feel like playing 3 handed without any retards. It is clear from the mood at the table the game is probably going to break in the next couple hands. Villain might be a 2+2er, or I might be giving him too much credit because when a tight player wins 5k in a 20 game they have probably received a lot of super easy to play hands that make it look like they're playing well. I am almost certain that he views me as a huge fish as I have 3bet a tilting normally solid player twice this night with Q9s and QTo, ended up 3 barreling with one and semibluff raising the turn in the other only to accidentally make top pair and lose to a better top pair.

Tilty folds, villain raises on the button, I get A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and decide to call. I have already devised a genius plan of c/r most flops and possibly value betting the whole way, because I think if it works it will reinforce my fishy image instead of it looking like a fantastic play. I'm sure almost everyone is going to want to 3bet, feel free to say so.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
So this is really a pretty bad flop. Anyone want to c/f and abort all plans? I'm stupid, so I c/c, possibly c/f turn, but probably still value betting the river if he checks behind.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
yay? I want to see how many streets I can play incorrectly, so I c/c again.

River: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I donk
Old 03-27-2007, 06:47 PM

Default Re: You\'ll either like it or want to projectile vomit

Haha, I just put in the 3 bet preflop, your main reason not to is table image, but the table is breaking in a few hands, so who cares, take this guy for a ride, fire the turn as played, and the river...
Old 03-27-2007, 06:56 PM

Is 5k an above average win in that game? I have only played it a couple times myself..

anyways, I don't think just calling PF is bad, but a reason it would be better is because you're image is fishy right? so the range villian puts you on is huge no matter what you do, I feel this is a good time to pound when you have this type of image bc you get paid off. I may have c/r flop, but then you may not have gotten paid off when he cont. bets the turn, and you also might not have the best hand. so really yea you could have got a couple more bets in perhaps due to his view of youre play, but i dont think the line you took is too bad. Is the river b/f or b/c?
Old 03-27-2007, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is 5k an above average win in that game? I have only played it a couple times myself..

[/ QUOTE ]

Anytime you make more than 100BBs in any game it is not above average. It is downright huge. In a 20/40 game if you didn't color up you would need help getting to the cage since you would have 10 racks plus your buy in.

Sorry if this restates the obvious but you did ask.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Haha, I just put in the 3 bet preflop, your main reason not to is table image, but the table is breaking in a few hands, so who cares, take this guy for a ride, fire the turn as played, and the river...

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-28-2007, 01:48 AM

The whole hand is fine/whatever-- missed a little from specifically a worse Q or decent draw, but you extracted max from lots of other small PP and Ax hands with this line.

Not sure why you think 3-betting tilty regulars with QTo type hands is +ev.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:05 AM

You were BB right? He's seen you 3bet and fire with Q high, but has he seen you c/r flop hu? Prolly not to many spots came up like this before, but if he's seen you do this with top pair or better sometime during the session I would stick with your original plan.

I think I like a turn bet after you c/c flop, and bet river if he calls turn. I think you get more value from a lot of hands cuz it looks a bit fishy and some weaker hands might call or even raise that would normally check behind on the turn or river. You're line is also good though.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:11 AM

is your river bet for value or a bluff?
Old 03-28-2007, 03:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have 3bet a tilting normally solid player twice this night with Q9s and QTo

[/ QUOTE ]

You 3-spew with some dominated hands, give yourself a chance and load up T9s, T8s, 98s, 87s, etc.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
is your river bet for value or a bluff?

[/ QUOTE ]

Value.

About 3betting tilty guy with QTo. I am pretty sure when a guy raises every hand for an orbit and shows down J3s and 52o in the process that isolating him in late position with QTo is the right play. I would do the same with T9s or whatever as well, but I happened to be dealt Q9s/QTo.