Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2007, 07:07 PM

Default Re: QTs river sucks

[ QUOTE ]
I think you have to call the river given the opponent, though it is an ugly spot.

The place I would reevalute though is preflop. I don't normally call raises with QTs on the button, and I think it's a bad idea to loosen your calling standards just because villain is a donkey. You are playing for stacks each time you see a flop with a player like this, and I'd want to minimize the risk of domination since TPGK is usually the nuts against his range.

[/ QUOTE ]

In position v this villain QTs is printing money.

Paul
Old 03-29-2007, 07:09 PM

Why is everyone talking about pushing? Hero has $197 to start the hand and 4+20+44+130 = $198. Am I retarded or does calling the river not put him all in already?

What do people do on a river ace? Still call here?
Old 03-29-2007, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is everyone talking about pushing? Hero has $197 to start the hand and 4+20+44+130 = $198. Am I retarded or does calling the river not put him all in already?

What do people do on a river ace? Still call here?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are correct. Sorry... quick math said that he didn't have much behind, but you are indeed correct. Calling here is AI.

Call.
Old 03-29-2007, 07:11 PM

Those two hands don't seem too wild and crazy. He certainly likes slowplaying big hands though, which makes me wonder.

In your hand, I love the donk bet on the flop. This does look a lot like Kx of clubs, but when villain is a random donk, it's a lot harder to talk yourself out of a call. I guess I'd fold because no matter how much of a donk a player can be, I can't say that I see the majority of donks leading the river in this instance without something. And a lot of donks like to slowplay. Then again, no two donks are created equal, so I guess you're really in a bind here. Nothing wrong with calling or pushing since you'd have to reload anyway, but I wouldn't be surprised if you're beat.
Old 03-29-2007, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you have to call the river given the opponent, though it is an ugly spot.

The place I would reevalute though is preflop. I don't normally call raises with QTs on the button, and I think it's a bad idea to loosen your calling standards just because villain is a donkey.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, no dude
Old 03-29-2007, 07:14 PM

Okay so he likes to slowplay and then make a PSB value bet on the river. He's also a calling station who can't fold ragged aces for top pair.

I'm guessing you hadn't seen him make a big river bet as a bluff yet? Or any unexpected river donk bets at all? It's hard to make tough folds against these kinds of monkeys even with a read about how they bet their strong hands.
Old 03-29-2007, 07:16 PM

Well given that 2nd hand he prolly doesn't have an Ace. Soooo I guess it comes down to how often you think he has missed [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]'s/split.

Have you seen him make any big bluffs like this w/ missed draws?

Paul
Old 03-29-2007, 07:21 PM

Even without looking at the other hands he played I can tell you this will be an Ace like never. River is close, don't think it matters tbh what you do call or fold. Btw lol at folding pf vs. a minraise with position vs a donk with any sort of suited connecting cards.
Old 03-29-2007, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The place I would reevalute though is preflop. I don't normally call raises with QTs on the button, and I think it's a bad idea to loosen your calling standards just because villain is a donkey.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, no dude

[/ QUOTE ]

You calling with Q9s? What's your cutoff, everyone has to have one. QTs isn't an autofold, but I don't think it's an autocall either.

My strategy against donks is to play preflop largely the same as normal, but open up a great deal postflop.
Old 03-29-2007, 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, no dude

[/ QUOTE ]

You calling with Q9s? What's your cutoff, everyone has to have one. QTs isn't an autofold, but I don't think it's an autocall either.

My strategy against donks is to play preflop largely the same as normal, but open up a great deal postflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would autocall hands like 64s, JTo, 79s, Q9s here.