Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2007, 06:23 PM

Default QTs river sucks

villan is very very looose and very active. he's pretty crazy. i saw him cold call a pfr with 74s, called a bet on the flop (which was 74K, called a bet on the turn (Q) and bet the river when checked to). his stats are like 60/20/infinity over this short session. I've seen him donk into the PFR with A high and call smallish raises only to hit an Ace on the turn. I've been trying to get in a few more pots with him.

Me and him played in one hand earlier. I raised PF with 99, he called. flop came 87T, he donked into me, I raised and he folded.

whats your play here?

Poker Stars
No Limit Hold'em Cash Game
$1/$2 Blinds
6 Players
Lego Poker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
SB: $219
<font color="black">BB: $218.15</font>
<font color="green">UTG: $994.15</font>
MP: $203.05
CO: $374.45
<font color="green">Hero (BTN): $197</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($3, 6 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $4</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls $4, SB folds, BB calls $2

<font color="black">Flop:</font> Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($13, 3 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $2</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $20</font>, BB folds, UTG calls $18

<font color="black">Turn:</font> K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($53, 2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $44</font>, UTG calls $44

<font color="black">River:</font> K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($141, 2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $130</font>, Hero ...
Old 03-29-2007, 06:25 PM

Default Re: QTs river sucks

Shove for your remaining $30. He's calling you with an ace, and he rarely has the K here.
Old 03-29-2007, 06:27 PM

Ewww KcXc ftw? Is pf a standard call? Genuinely curious. Nevermind, he is mental. Pretty ugly spot, sounds like the type to peel the flop with KT/J. If he's very active I might close my eyes and call.
Old 03-29-2007, 06:32 PM

Rly looks like Kxcc. If one of those K's was a [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] I snap call. As is I dunno, I prolly call cos I have trouble folding anything and I can't see a call being terrible v described villain but a fold aint bad either. Sucky spot [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].

Paul
Old 03-29-2007, 06:54 PM

Push.

The only really bad outcome is if Villain leaves the table soon.
Old 03-29-2007, 07:02 PM

jesus pushing sucks
Old 03-29-2007, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
jesus pushing sucks

[/ QUOTE ]

He has like $30 behind his call.
Old 03-29-2007, 07:03 PM

I think you have to call the river given the opponent, though it is an ugly spot.

The place I would reevalute though is preflop. I don't normally call raises with QTs on the button, and I think it's a bad idea to loosen your calling standards just because villain is a donkey. You are playing for stacks each time you see a flop with a player like this, and I'd want to minimize the risk of domination since TPGK is usually the nuts against his range.
Old 03-29-2007, 07:05 PM

I'd call. It's hard to predict what these kind of maniacs are doing most of the time, even when they make unexpected huge bets. He might have a king but I think he's bluffing or making a bizarre value bet with an Ace at least 33% of the time.

How about this same situation if an Ace comes on the river? I'd be more likely to fold if the Ace paired on the river.
Old 03-29-2007, 07:06 PM

here are two hands i saw:

hand 1: villan is CO:

Poker Stars
$1/$2 Blinds
5 Players

<font color="black">Hero (SB): $229.95</font>
BB: $213.25
UTG: $208.20
<font color="green">CO: $922.10</font>
<font color="green">BTN: $428.45</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($3, 5 Players)
UTG folds, CO calls $2, <font color="red">BTN raises to $10</font>, 2 folds, CO calls $8

<font color="black">Flop:</font> Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($23, 2 Players)
CO checks, BTN checks

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($23, 2 Players)
CO checks, BTN checks

<font color="black">River:</font> 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($23, 2 Players)
<font color="red">CO bets $26</font>, BTN calls $26

CO had Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (two pair, Kings and Queens) and won (+$37)
BTN had 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and lost (-$36)

Pot Size: $75 ($2 Rake)

hand 2: villan is sb:

Poker Stars
$1/$2 Blinds
6 Players

<font color="green">SB: $884.10</font>
BB: $124.75
UTG: $318
<font color="black">Hero (MP): $210.85</font>
CO: $235.25
<font color="green">BTN: $223.20</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($3, 6 Players)
3 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $8</font>, SB calls $7, BB folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($18, 2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $12</font>, SB calls $12

<font color="black">Turn:</font> T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($42, 2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $26</font>, SB calls $26

<font color="black">River:</font> K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($94, 2 Players)
SB checks, BTN checks

BTN had A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (a pair of Aces) and won (+$45)
SB had A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (a pair of Aces) and lost (-$46)

Pot Size: $94 ($3 Rake)