Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2007, 03:04 PM

Default Re: Sbrugby\'s $1.2 million downswing

[ QUOTE ]
"it was not more than 4 years ago when talking about losing 1.2 (*10^4) was common and at least, for me, noteworthy."

that is the gayest possible way to say $120K.

[/ QUOTE ]

10^4 = 10,000

1.2 * 10,000 = 12,000
Old 03-29-2007, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"I think people overestimate how much money they have just like people overestimate there IQ's "

too funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry dude, couldn't resist.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was going to use "two" but found that joke to obvious. guess not...

[/ QUOTE ]

nice "attempted" cover

[/ QUOTE ]

prop bet on any sort of mistake regarding two/too/to, your/youre, theyre/there/their, etc in any of my posts in the last year?

english nit, ftw. sorry for having a subtle sense of humor.
Old 03-29-2007, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"I think people overestimate how much money they have just like people overestimate there IQ's "

too funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry dude, couldn't resist.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was going to use "two" but found that joke to obvious. guess not...

[/ QUOTE ]

nice "attempted" cover

[/ QUOTE ]

prop bet on any sort of mistake regarding two/too/to, your/youre, theyre/there/their, etc in any of my posts in the last year?

english nit, ftw. sorry for having a suttle sense of humor.

[/ QUOTE ]

much better
Old 03-29-2007, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"it was not more than 4 years ago when talking about losing 1.2 (*10^4) was common and at least, for me, noteworthy."

that is the gayest possible way to say $120K.

[/ QUOTE ]

10^4 = 10,000

1.2 * 10,000 = 12,000

[/ QUOTE ]

diaf
Old 03-29-2007, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't care how big your bankroll is, you should never let yourself go on a 1.2 million negative run, it means you're playing terrible

[/ QUOTE ]
I personally stop loss at 0.01 million.
Old 03-29-2007, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I had heard MJ was near bankruptcy. So I Googled it and here's what I found :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4342255.stm

http://functionalambivalent.typepad....l_jackson.html

He can be worth a lot but he seems to spend more...

[/ QUOTE ]

05/25/05?!?!
Can we at least get articles that aren't 2 years old and 100% wrong
Old 03-30-2007, 05:09 AM

March 28, 2007

changes

I have been thinking about this downswing and comparing it with other swings I have had in the past. My worst downswing before this was around 24 buyins in the crypto 40/80 pound game. Most of my losses have come in PLO where my variance numbers are about twice my NLH numbers. I don't think that necessarily equates to a 20BI downswing in NLH being the same as a 40BI downswing in PLO but I think some similarities can be drawn. This downswing was about 30BI which comparing PLO and NLH numbers would be about a 15BI NLH downswing, which although is very large downswing is not un heard of. I guess I am trying to make myself feel better about this swing. I used to really hate doing this blog, but during this down time it has been very therapeutic for me.

So there are some things that this swing has told me about my PLO game. I am a very driven person and I want to be the best PLO player in the world. Right now it's more likely that my losses are due to bad play than to bad luck. So to reach this goal I am going to refocus my game. I plan on studying and concentrating on my game more. I have become unfocused when I play and browse the Internet. So from now on when I play I am going to be totally focused. I also plan on spending 1/2 hour for every 1 hour I play studying and reviewing hands. I am also going to cut down on my tables as I think 3 is a perfect number for me to play with top concentration. Lastly after I stopped playing rugby and playing lot more poker I gained about 20lbs, and recently I have been exercising a lot more but am still about 10lbs over my playing weight so I plan on maintaining this level of exercise and diet. I feel like if I make these changes I am going to have tons of success and reach my goal of being the best PLO player in the world.

http://www.cardrunners.com/fusetalk/...cfm?forumid=31
Old 03-30-2007, 05:10 AM

March 29, 2007

busted...

Before the tournament started I saw Patrick Antonous and we made a side bet that I pay 20% of his winnings and he would pay 20% of mine. So if he wins the tournament I am going to owe him 400K. My father was watching the tournament and saw him down to 8K in chips so its unlikely I will have to pay.

I was surprised that spectators were allowed to rail the games as it not that way in the USA. My dad was able to stand right over my shoulder and watch me play.
He is really funny about poker "superstars" he would tell me Joe Hachem has just been knocked out and how amazing it was that I could outlast him. The only poker he sees is on TV so he really idolizes the tournament players.

I played well today which I think was mainly due to my father being there. He has never seen me play poker before. Usually in tournaments I am unfocused and don't mind losing as I can earn more in cash games. Unfortunately I couldn't make anything happen in the EPT finals. I did meet luckexpress a prima player who I have played some with. He was on my right and we played a very big pot early. He min raised the button and I reraised with QQ to 450 at 25/50 blinds. He called and I bet 750 on a 785 rainbow flop. He checked raised me to 1600. I thought and called. The turn was a 5 and he checked. I thought I night be being trapped but I decided to play the hand all in since there were many draws he could have. I bet 2050 and he check raised all in for 9200 more. I called and he showed A8o but unfortunately the river was an 8. That dropped me down from about ~22K to ~8K. I worked my way up from there and build my stack up to 13K. Then UTG+1 raised to 600 at 75/150 blinds the button who I had seen repop an early position raise earlier with 76s reraised to 2.2K and I shoved my queens. He thought for a few minutes and called with AKs. Turn was an A and I was out of the tournament.
Old 03-30-2007, 05:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
March 28, 2007

changes

I have been thinking about this downswing and comparing it with other swings I have had in the past. My worst downswing before this was around 24 buyins in the crypto 40/80 pound game. Most of my losses have come in PLO where my variance numbers are about twice my NLH numbers. I don't think that necessarily equates to a 20BI downswing in NLH being the same as a 40BI downswing in PLO but I think some similarities can be drawn. This downswing was about 30BI which comparing PLO and NLH numbers would be about a 15BI NLH downswing, which although is very large downswing is not un heard of. I guess I am trying to make myself feel better about this swing. I used to really hate doing this blog, but during this down time it has been very therapeutic for me.

So there are some things that this swing has told me about my PLO game. I am a very driven person and I want to be the best PLO player in the world. Right now it's more likely that my losses are due to bad play than to bad luck. So to reach this goal I am going to refocus my game. I plan on studying and concentrating on my game more. I have become unfocused when I play and browse the Internet. So from now on when I play I am going to be totally focused. I also plan on spending 1/2 hour for every 1 hour I play studying and reviewing hands. I am also going to cut down on my tables as I think 3 is a perfect number for me to play with top concentration. Lastly after I stopped playing rugby and playing lot more poker I gained about 20lbs, and recently I have been exercising a lot more but am still about 10lbs over my playing weight so I plan on maintaining this level of exercise and diet. I feel like if I make these changes and also if David Benyamine gets hit by a bus I am going to have tons of success and reach my goal of being the best PLO player in the world.

http://www.cardrunners.com/fusetalk/...cfm?forumid=31

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-30-2007, 05:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't care how big your bankroll is, you should never let yourself go on a 1.2 million negative run, it means you're playing terrible

[/ QUOTE ]

QFS