Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2006, 03:30 AM

Default Re: How do I get my money back? (Possible retard involved)

The most accurate way is to fill it up, track the odometer, and the next time you fill it up, just write down how much gas you put in, then do the math. Odometers aren't always all that accurate. You have more than a gallon when the light comes on.
Old 02-20-2006, 04:25 AM

Default Re: How do I get my money back? (Possible reward involved)

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, for those of you who think I'm an idiot, think about the consumer. When they ask Pizza Hut why the cost of deliveries went up, they tell you it's because gas prices went up. When the drivers ask why their amount per delivery went down, they tell us it's because gas prices went down. I don't think its fair for them to have it both ways.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do the employees on the bottom always think they should be cut in on exectutive decisions?

Nothing personal, but anyone can do your job. If the corporation needs to bolster its bottom line by changing its delivery charge, it does not follow that the delivery person is entitled to a bump as well. In the overall scheme, its just another line in the ledger book. The corporation can add to it in some areas, or subtract from others.

All that goes on, and your pay (meaning those who perform your job) is an entirely separate issue. The only connection is this:

if a pizza delivery company stays in business, then you have a job. If it is having a real hard time finding people who can perform the job of delivery, they will offer more. Because many people who don't get along with school are quite capable of delivering pizza ... the job will not pay so well.

By the way: If you really want someone to solve a problem for you, give us some facts to work with. Start by telling us what type of situation you think would be applicable for getting your .90. I am sure some of the other drivers, know a friend of a friend who had a roommate that got the .90 for some reason or another. Give us something to work with.
Old 02-20-2006, 04:44 AM

Default Re: How do I get my money back? (Possible reward involved)

[ QUOTE ]
By the way: If you really want someone to solve a problem for you, give us some facts to work with. Start by telling us what type of situation you think would be applicable for getting your .90. I am sure some of the other drivers, know a friend of a friend who had a roommate that got the .90 for some reason or another. Give us something to work with.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think so, because as far as I know, this is the first time it's ever gone down. It always goes up slightly, but went up a bunch because gas prices went up to $3.50+.
As I said earlier, the one example we were given was if I deliver 80 pizzas a day to a school so I bought a hummer in order to fit the pizza in my car, I could get more money because I NEEDED the car for work. A nice car that take "plus" gas doesnt count, because you didnt NEED that car for work.
Background... I drive a 96 Sebring hardtop with 55,000 miles. Brand new transmission, no other problems. Our delivery area is approx. 24 square miles. Avg delivery is probably 3 miles round trip. Really don't have much to work with. I've been told (not sure if it's the truth) that based on $2.00/ gallon gas prices, it cost $.45/mile to operate a vehicle, factoring in oil changes, tires, brakes, etc.
I stopped by the store today to get my jacket and talked with my boss about this a little more. He said we have a 4 step process to get this resolved.
1. Talk to store manager. (He said he can't do anything about it)
2. Talk to area manager (Store manager says he can't do anything about it)
3. Talk to regional manager (Store manager says he can't do anything about it.)
4. Call "The Network" our HR dept. (They listen to my complaint and send it to my store manager.)

I'll try and get a copy of the memo sent out and post it tomorrow night... see if you guys can find a loophole.

Edited for content and spelling
Old 02-20-2006, 10:28 AM

This is how supply and demand works. If you think your employer is being unfair you are always free to find another job.
Old 02-20-2006, 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is how supply and demand works. If you think your employer is being unfair you are always free to find another job.

[/ QUOTE ]
Simplicity is a beautiful thing.