Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2007, 12:42 AM

Default Re: OSU - Georgetown

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The Bucks 3 losses this year came against quick teams who could get great shooting from their guards.

[/ QUOTE ]
Also, for all the crap OSU's been getting about the close games they had to survive, Georgetown got even luckier against a Vanderbilt team that's worse than Xavier or Tennessee and needed a miracle collapse to get by North Carolina. Ohio State's win over Memphis was more impressive than anything G'Town's done in this tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

I sure wish everybody would just admit that GTown WON that game, UNC didnt lose it... G'Town has been a 2nd half team all season and has all season long closed out games. OSU on the other hand.. cant even get past penn st w/out struggling
Old 03-29-2007, 12:53 AM

Id say Iggy is an impartial judge and you and I are not. Lets leave it at that.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The Bucks 3 losses this year came against quick teams who could get great shooting from their guards.

[/ QUOTE ]
Also, for all the crap OSU's been getting about the close games they had to survive, Georgetown got even luckier against a Vanderbilt team that's worse than Xavier or Tennessee and needed a miracle collapse to get by North Carolina. Ohio State's win over Memphis was more impressive than anything G'Town's done in this tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

I sure wish everybody would just admit that GTown WON that game, UNC didnt lose it... G'Town has been a 2nd half team all season and has all season long closed out games. OSU on the other hand.. cant even get past penn st w/out struggling

[/ QUOTE ]

Every final 4 with the exception of Florida has exceeded their initial expectations and there should be no argument about who got lucky. The Bucks have a tendency not to play a full 40 minutes, but in all the cases they did win so it should prove anything. OSU relies on their young players and G'Town has peaked at the right time which is big. Should e a good game but OSU really does match up favorably.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:12 AM

I loved GT the second i saw the line. that makes me scurred, but from what I see so far OH. st. has been the public option.

should be a good game. I'm liking Georgetown. just cuz old ass Ewing will be in the stands. good analysis? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-29-2007, 01:16 AM

Yea, Im seeing 54% on OSU and 46% on G'Town (Sportsinsights). 88% of bettors are on the over, fyi.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad to see that you're living up to your name [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].
Old 03-29-2007, 09:40 AM

OSU will win this game easy. They played all year in a tougher conference and they also were #1 in the country going into this tourney for a reason. Oden will neutrilize all inside play by the hoyas and the guards for the hoyas are much weaker and much worse shooters than OSU. OSU wins easy.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:41 AM

unless Oden gets in foul trouble, then OSU is in big trouble.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yea, Im seeing 54% on OSU and 46% on G'Town (Sportsinsights). 88% of bettors are on the over, fyi.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not enough of an expert to know the outcome of the game (my initial reaction was confidently OSU, but with everybody who knows saying GT, I've had second thoughts), but I believe this is worth looking at. WSEX has it set at Over 130 right now, and I agree with 88% of bettors that this is abnormally low. Look at the tournament games these two teams have played already:
G'Town 80, Belmont 55
G'Town 62, BC 55
G'Town 66, Vandy 65
G'Town 96, UNC 84
OSU 78, C Conn St 57
OSU 78, Xavier 71
OSU 85, Tenn 84
OSU 92, Memphis 76
So in every one of their tournament games (with only one exception, GT vs. BC), these teams have scored more than 65 points and the total has been over 130 (in some cases far over). OSU particularly has scored quite a lot. I know that these are two defensively minded teams, but between OSU's 3 pointers and the fact that this is expected to be a close game and both teams should be playing their best, I think we're looking at an easy Over here.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think people have seen "better" wins from GTown than OSU, and they like the Hibbert-Ewing combo that the Hoyas can throw out against Oden. (Obviously Ewing isn't a real match for Oden, but simply having another good center option against a guy that draws fouls like Oden helps.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, unless Ewing Sr. has some eligibility left, don't think a Ewing will be sticking Oden this Saturday. And if you bet G-Town, you'd better hope not....

#33 Patrick Ewing Jr. | F
Height: 6-8
Weight: 238 lbs.