Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2007, 09:24 PM

Default OSU - Georgetown

Thought to myself today: "I'd like to bet on Georgetown. I think they're the superior team and they're the worse seed, so I can probably get good value." I went to Pinnacle to check and found out that Georgetown is a 1 point favorite!? Is that unusual, for a 2 seed to be favored over a 1? Also, G-town went to OT with NC and OSU crushed Memphis easily in the previous round. Just seems odd. I think it's right; but it strikes me as odd. Anybody?
Old 03-28-2007, 09:29 PM

Default Re: OSU - Georgetown

Not odd at all.... if your going to talk about the preview rounds.. how about how osu SHOULD have lost to xavier... or how they BARLEY got by Tenn.....
Old 03-28-2007, 09:44 PM

i know gt dominated vandy and nc.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:07 PM

when fezzik gives out a 2 unit'r, books take notice
Old 03-28-2007, 11:22 PM

Even after Fezzik, Bodog had it as a PK for about a day (though it opened with OSU as a 1 point favorite). I was about to recommend you to go bet it there, but Bodog has also moved to GTown -1.

I think people have seen "better" wins from GTown than OSU, and they like the Hibbert-Ewing combo that the Hoyas can throw out against Oden. (Obviously Ewing isn't a real match for Oden, but simply having another good center option against a guy that draws fouls like Oden helps.)

I got Georgetown at PK. I still lean towards them at -1, but I don't see a ton of value there.

-SonnyJay
Old 03-29-2007, 12:11 AM

I'll preface this with saying I am huge OSU fan, but I rarely bet them. I love OSU in this game. OSU has a big quickness advantage in the back court. If Oden can stay in the game, which is a big they probably have a slight advantage inside as well. OSU played in the weak big ten, but they have only lost onceBoth teams are very fortunate and a bit lucky for both teams. The Bucks 3 losses this year came against1 #2seed and 2 #1 seeds. (Wisc. Florida, UNC)
Old 03-29-2007, 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll preface this with saying I am huge OSU fan, but I rarely bet them.

[/ QUOTE ]

im sorry
Old 03-29-2007, 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The Bucks 3 losses this year came against quick teams who could get great shooting from their guards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I'm the only one, but I really think this is a great matchup for OSU. It's good to have some size inside to be able to stop Oden's offense, but Oden's best weapon this year has been his shotblocking.

The teams that have given the Buckeyes the most trouble this year are teams that shoot well from the perimeter and can get most of their points from three-point range. If Georgetown's counting on a 20 and 10 from Hibbert and a 15 and 10 from Green, then they're in big trouble because Oden's going to be shutting them down all night long.

I didn't bet Ohio State against either Tennessee or Xavier, because I knew that quick 3-point shooting teams were terrible matchups for OSU and would give them fits. Georgetown's a perfect matchup for them and I think the Buckeyes will shut them down completely.

Also, for all the crap OSU's been getting about the close games they had to survive, Georgetown got even luckier against a Vanderbilt team that's worse than Xavier or Tennessee and needed a miracle collapse to get by North Carolina. Ohio State's win over Memphis was more impressive than anything G'Town's done in this tournament.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:27 AM

sorry for what?
Old 03-29-2007, 12:31 AM

Finally iggy, thank you. I agree this is a good matchup for OSU, but I was just going to keep my mouth shut since everyone knows I am a fan. I have only bet OSU three times his entire year. Two of which were at the end of the big ten regular season, and they were 1h bets, b/c they would blow teams like penn st out first half and then let them make comebacks. At this point in the tournament, using the oh this team got lucky argument does not work. Both of these teams have been lucky. Florida and UCLA not so much, which is why the winner of that game will be favored in the winner of thsi game.