Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2007, 10:44 AM

Default Re: Commerce 1-2 Q7 Sooooooted

[ QUOTE ]
Game is good. I have a TAG image. Horrid regular limps UTG (any two), all fold to me in the cutoff, i raise Q7d. BB calls (another bad regular whos stuck). Flop Ah 10c 3s. Check, check , bet. Both call( which means they have a small pair or draw). Turn 8d. Check, check, check. River 6. Check , check, i bet, SB raises, limper folds an i put the guy on air...Do i have enough to call him?

[/ QUOTE ]

They have a small pair or draw? Why not an ace with a weak kicker? The flop gave you no pair, no draw, and no overcards against two opponents. The continuation bet is questionable but you're done when they both call. You took a shot representing an ace and they didn't buy it. Fold the river. Q high has no showdown value. And how often do weak players check raise bluff on the river?
Old 03-26-2007, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Game is good. I have a TAG image. Horrid regular limps UTG (any two), all fold to me in the cutoff, i raise Q7d. BB calls (another bad regular whos stuck). Flop Ah 10c 3s. Check, check , bet. Both call( which means they have a small pair or draw). Turn 8d. Check, check, check. River 6. Check , check, i bet, SB raises, limper folds an i put the guy on air...Do i have enough to call him?

[/ QUOTE ]

They have a small pair or draw? Why not an ace with a weak kicker? The flop gave you no pair, no draw, and no overcards against two opponents. The continuation bet is questionable but you're done when they both call. You took a shot representing an ace and they didn't buy it. Fold the river. Q high has no showdown value. And how often do weak players check raise bluff on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

huh? bad players call this flop with a lot, and fold for a big bet on the turn. sure, they could limp and c/call down with a weak ace sometimes, but thats only a smaller part of their range. id bet turn but not expect to take it down too often, but good for image and the turn is where to keep applying agression in this case.

besides that, the river is a fold/raise at this point
Old 03-26-2007, 02:41 PM

"hwo can limping be considered horrible?"

this hand will lose money in this spot with this few players in this game despite your great position. so limping is wrong as well.

playing bad hands in small pots is -EV.
Old 03-26-2007, 03:28 PM

Not for nothing but that river bet is terrible.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:28 PM

mike, i assume youd rather raise than limp?
Old 03-26-2007, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not for nothing but that river bet is terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't agree more. Aggro thinking players are about to c/r you out of your seat here. Dumb players are never folding a pair, hell, nobody is folding a pair. It sort of looks like you could have a TX-KK here. It also looks like you could have absolutely nothing.
Old 03-26-2007, 11:28 PM

sure but id really most rather fold. but the point i most wanted to make is this can be an easy raise in a lot of mid limit games.
Old 03-27-2007, 05:35 PM

ok..so i raised, he made a really uncomfortable face and mucked [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-27-2007, 05:56 PM

I suppose if the guy doesn't think at all... But I'd seriously insta-call here with any pair figuring I only lose to pocket sixes.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:17 PM

which is great, but i still dont like it, raise is prob better than the call, but putting him on exactly air and showing down a Q high will not be profitable in the long run for you unless your playing a ring full of monkeys.