Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2007, 05:17 PM

Default Commerce 1-2 Q7 Sooooooted

Game is good. I have a TAG image. Horrid regular limps UTG (any two), all fold to me in the cutoff, i raise Q7d. BB calls (another bad regular whos stuck). Flop Ah 10c 3s. Check, check , bet. Both call( which means they have a small pair or draw). Turn 8d. Check, check, check. River 6. Check , check, i bet, SB raises, limper folds an i put the guy on air...Do i have enough to call him?
Old 03-22-2007, 05:35 PM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?
Default Re: Commerce 1-2 Q7 Sooooooted

What kind of air does he have that calls the flop? You beat wheel draws and lose to broadway draws.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:03 PM

No, but you might have enough to raise
Old 03-22-2007, 06:54 PM

None of this sounds good to me. I can see limping PF I suppose to encourage the blinds to stick around out of position or to try to take down a small pot with a flop bet, but raising with a weak hand when you are against a fish who will prolly call down with anything and with several folks left to act seems pretty loose.

on the river, You really think this is worth a call down or river re-raise? I don't see it. Your PF raise, your flop bet and turn check looks like you have some sort of middle pair or halfway decent hand, played in a semi-cowardly/not completely unexepected manner. I dont see you being ahead, I dont see him calling a raise with a worse hand (obviously), and I dont see him mucking to the raise with something better than what you have enuff times to make it profitable.

TSP
Old 03-25-2007, 04:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can see limping PF I suppose

[/ QUOTE ]

Please tell me you are joking.
Old 03-25-2007, 04:59 AM

w/ Q high? no dont call. you shouldve bet the turn though if your read is: "Both call( which means they have a small pair or draw)"
Old 03-25-2007, 05:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
w/ Q high? no dont call. you shouldve bet the turn though if your read is: "Both call( which means they have a small pair or draw)"

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly. i read this thinking you posted that read to justify an upcoming turn bet, but then you didn't bet and i was confused.

i think preflop is okay given your reads. but i can't think of any regulars who i'd play this the same way against. with a hand as bad as Q7s you probably want your opponents to fold way too much but nobody in the commerce 1/2 folds way too much. i think the raise would be better against a really tight BB than against a calling station. who are the opponents? mucking is probably better.
Old 03-25-2007, 08:26 PM

i agree folding Q7s in this spot in almost situations in that game is the best play. although there are some people in that game i would like to isolate with that hand, the chances both blinds will fold is too slim.

in the bellagio 30 which ive been playing a lot it's an autoraise against a lot of players.
Old 03-25-2007, 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I personally muck this hand almost every time in this spot. However, I have seen James282, who I consider one of the best limit players I have played with, play hands in this manner successfully on occasion.

That is why I can see it, I suppose. To periodically call with this in late position after a very weak limper early, if the blinds are passive, can't be terribly wrong.

TSP
Old 03-26-2007, 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I personally muck this hand almost every time in this spot. However, I have seen James282, who I consider one of the best limit players I have played with, play hands in this manner successfully on occasion.

That is why I can see it, I suppose. To periodically call with this in late position after a very weak limper early, if the blinds are passive, can't be terribly wrong.

TSP

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with this. especially considering, just highlighting what mike said, that both blinds fold very rarely. limping is a play id do much more often than raising here. to raise the conditions would have to be perfect- hwo can limping be considered horrible?