Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2007, 10:44 AM

Default Re: Get Your Noob Out II: All questions here!

Does anyone European have an opinion on Ladbrokes (Prima) vs Party in terms of how soft the games are?
Old 03-26-2007, 12:45 PM

got this from another thread...

Reads: Raiser is 50/19 over first 40ish hands of torney so I figure I'm ahead of his range, players left to act are loose.

what do the numbers 50/19 mean? thanks.

<font color="blue"> Please read this thread and the first noob thread. This question has been answered I believe. - devin </font>
Old 03-26-2007, 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Been out of the poker world for 9 months now...just coming back and since you're canadian Devin...
With all the neteller problems, is it still safe for canadians to move money around with Neteller? I've seen other Ewallet companies shut down their services to canadian custumers.
Thanks

<font color="blue"> I've had no problems and am not concerned. But, I tend not to worry much about things I cannot control. - devin </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry guys.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:21 AM

Could any of the ex-party players explain to me how they used the ability to select your seat at an SNG to their advantage?

<font color="blue"> You could sit to the right of TAGs and to the left of loose players. You could even sit across the table from good players. - devin </font>
Old 03-29-2007, 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What does 'QFT' mean?

<font color="blue"> Quoted For Truth. - devin </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I always thought it was "Quit F'n Talking".

[ QUOTE ]
Is it profitable to buy and sell T$ to "avoid rake" for SNGs?

<font color="blue">Yes it's profitable to buy T$ to avoid rake.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't pay rake if you buy-in with T$? What's the thinking behind that?

<font color="blue">Usually you buy T$ for less than it's actually worth. So if you can buy $225 T$ for $220, then you come out ahead when you register for $225 worth of tournaments. You still have to pay rake when you register though.</font>
Old 03-29-2007, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Could any of the ex-party players explain to me how they used the ability to select your seat at an SNG to their advantage?

<font color="blue"> You could sit to the right of TAGs and to the left of loose players. You could even sit across the table from good players. - devin </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this to take advantage of their tightness in the push/fold stages?

<font color="blue"> Yes, and in the middle stages. But, if they are a very good regular, it may not be the best seat cause they'll call correctly as well. - devin </font>
Old 03-29-2007, 11:05 PM

how many people need to go all in ahead of you for you to correctly fold AA in a 9 man stars SNG at 10/20?

i know if you are BB and the 8 in front of you are all in, you should fold AA, but what is the number?
Old 03-29-2007, 11:50 PM

1. It seems that pwned is used instead of owned in some posts. Is that true, and if so, is there a reason?

<font color="blue"> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pwnd </font>

2. What does meh mean?

<font color="blue"> It's just like a sound you might make when your reaction to something is kinda indifferent, or even slightly negative. At least, that's how I use it. - devin </font>
Old 03-30-2007, 03:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1. It seems that pwned is used instead of owned in some posts. Is that true, and if so, is there a reason?

<font color="blue"> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pwnd </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I always thought pwn had something to do with Push With Nothing. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
So, do you pronounce it "powned" or "pawned"?
Old 04-04-2007, 10:18 PM

I've recently gotten into the SNGs and am doing relatively well over a 50 tournament spread - ROI of 45% playing mainly $6 and $11. small sample size I know, but that's what I got.

Once I've won a bit more I'd like to consider getting SNGPT. My concern really is that I don't believe that I have a clear idea of how to put people on reliable ranges. I'm playing $11s which obviously has a lot of bad players. Am I better waiting til I've played a lot more poker (which can take awhile since I rarely have time for more than two games a day) or should I get SNGPT sooner, and just rely on the default ranges until I am more experienced. My concern is that it will be useless for me if I can't assign proper ranges.

thanks in advance!

<font color="blue"> I think it is worth getting as soon as possible. There are going to be situation where having a very good specific range for some one is important. However, there will be a lot of situations you can look at and decide if the range necessary for a play to be +EV is realistic.

You'll find spots that are unexploitable (doesn't matter their range) and spots where their range has to be so wide that it doesn't really matter. Just this alone will pay for whatever ICM based software you buy.

Then, as you progress, you'll get better at figuring out what type of players call with what type of hands and you'll really be able to fine tune your game. - devin
</font>