Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 10:55 AM

Default Re: **Official uNL Microbrew Thread: March(LC/NC goes here)**

[ QUOTE ]
What is everyones biggest losing hand in their pt database.. mine is KJs lots of combo draws that didn't come through lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same, combo draws hate me, but luckily I'm still stuborn enough to keep pushing. I've just got this feeling that in about two years every one i push is going to hit for a period of at least 5 months and it will all have been worth it lol. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-26-2007, 10:57 AM

I just think it's highly improbable over a significant sample of say 100k hands.. everyone will then say blah blah well they would have moved up already.. Personally I've logged 73k hands at 4.49 ptbb/100, Yes I could DEFINETLY improve but doubling my win rate? I still do some dumb [censored]. I haven't needed to move up, I'll be playing 50nl for awhile longer at least. Guess I'll be the only person with a 100k sample of uNL lol.

I have 1M hands in my db with no one approaching 10 bb/100 over 8k hands

2 years ago.. I would have said YES! Hell tons of people could prolly do it. I didn't play much holdem 2 years ago.. just donking around on party when I was bored occasionally but they played way different than now.
Old 03-26-2007, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Guess I'll be the only person with a 100k sample of uNL lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

hands in the air like i just dont care
Old 03-26-2007, 12:09 PM

nah, Ill be able to outdo you at the rate I'm at. friday-sunday I played 10k uNL hands. So long as I suck I'll never move up and I'll have you beat, I have like 50kish logged uNL hands already, thats in a little less than a month. How many do you normally play a month? Maybe we could make this into a who could play more competition?
Old 03-26-2007, 12:28 PM

Sorry C-eh-n-eh-d-eh

Canadowned
Old 03-26-2007, 12:36 PM

If anybody has any recomendations for a coach for a winning NL50 player (at wits end from running bad) who dabbles at NL 100 but certainly has plenny leaks, please PM me.

Variance had me overcoming my leaks before, as it turns against me, they must be plugged.
Old 03-26-2007, 12:43 PM

Goofyballer ftw
Old 03-26-2007, 12:43 PM

It's just one knockback after the next with the neteller saga, this is only going to further damage grassroots uNL and new player signups. I think everyone realizes it's not like the "good old days" of internet poker but surely is pretty bad news for the growth of online gaming in the north american market.

Fingers crossed for the continued growth in in Europe and the impending Japanese explosion. As much as the later is something to look forward to it scares the [censored] out of me, those guys own computer games lol.
Old 03-26-2007, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

2 years ago.. I would have said YES! Hell tons of people could prolly do it. I didn't play much holdem 2 years ago.. just donking around on party when I was bored occasionally but they played way different than now.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is doable - just because you can't do it - or 99% of the players playing uNL can't do it - doesn't mean it's impossible.

To be able to sustain 10PTBB/100 + over a significant sample you need a skillset that is easily able to beat 100NL+ for 5-6PTBB/100.

A good mid/highstakes player if they chose to could easily smash 15PTBB/100 over 100k hands imo. at $50NL.

Noone does it cos they'd rather play at higher limits - the people at the lower limits are nowhere near good enough for the most part to make 10PTBB/100+ hence lack of datamining evidence to the contrary.

I'm still playing uNL cos I keep doing dumb [censored] away from the tables - having to cash out almost everything and starting over - my present online bankroll is about $20 [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

I am very confident I could beat 100NL for 5-6 ATM and over the last few k hands I played at Party before most recent cashout I was killing 25NL for 15PTBB/100 whilst running cold with KK<AA preflop a couple times - 3 set over sets - and a bunch of 2 3 and 4 outters.

When I sarted playing uNL a couple of years ago and first started posting in SSNL I was laughably bad. I struggled for ages to beat even 25NL and couldn't see how 10PTBB/100 was possible - then I ran breakeven for 40K hands and blamed a "downswing" - I was running a little cold - but mostly I played meh and contributed greatly to my own poor run without realising I was doing so much stuff wrong (in my case playing too many hands OOP - Overplaying AK bigtime postflop - and not valuebetting close to enough)

10PTBB/100+ is only really possible at lower limits cos the monkeys down here keep paying off 100BB stacks with TPTK when you flop a set - it's *very* easy to get good value for your good hands in uNL. As you get higher up the stakes ladder this easy money dissappears and BB's are much harder to come by.

1 extra blind steal every 30 hands and 1 extra pot every 100 hands where you make 5BB extra value on the river with a thin value bet instead of checking behind has a HUGE impact on your winrate. There is a very fine line imo - between running at 5PTBB/100 and at 10. People at uNL call way too much so take advantage and try to squeeze all the value you can when your read is you are ahead.

I think the biggest single thing to learn and learn well at microstakes is where when and how much to value bet.

It's not what hands to play preflop - it's not when you should 3bet - it's not when you should fold AA postflop cos you think you're beat - it's not what to do with bottom set on a tricky flop - it's not even about Continuation betting.

It's what to do with TPGK vs a calling station on the river when you have position and he donks into you for 1/5 pot... It's how big to make a flop bet with MPNK when you're sure villain is drawing at a flush and all the other marginal situations. How often do you check behind with AQ on the river when you have TPGK and see that villain had AT or worse and would have called a 1/3 pot value bet that you just missed?

Add a measly 2BB to all the spots where you value bet cos you think you have the best hand and are expecting a call. See what difference that extra 2BB every few hands makes to your overall winrate...
Old 03-26-2007, 01:04 PM

I agree with Matrix. I think I am going to start folding AK to 3-bets OOP at 50nl as hardly anyone seems to 3-bet with <QQ
Closed Thread