Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2007, 05:35 PM

Default Re: flopped st8, big pot, turn makes flush with 2 callers.... your lin

You're really not leaving anything on the table if you fold pf. I used to think that the pf odds gave me justification to call this too. But your rio is bad, bad, bad. Being oop just sucks with your hand.

Bet more on flop. Teensy donk is weird. Your 3bet is light too. One of your opponents and maybe both are on the club draw. I'm kinda surprised CO didn't have the flush draw.

On the turn... sheesh, it sucks when the flush hit. I think I might need a calling station read to continue, but then I'd never have gotten to this point with that little in the pot.
Old 03-23-2007, 05:54 PM

I like it as played. I might be inclined to c/c the river but with his stack being as low as it is, hes going to push anyway and give you 8:1 odds anyway so the final second push is ok.

I like the rr to 10 on the flop after that cheeky lil min raise. Its wierd, but I see that minraise as a low set sometimes, people like to mr in order to not scare people off. I dont see people usually minraising on a flush draw. Unless he has AJclubs here.

If you make that bet on the turn, you are going down to the felt afterwards. I might c/c the turn and river but its very read dependent.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:27 PM

His raise on the flop is fine against shorter stacks.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like it as played. I might be inclined to c/c the river but with his stack being as low as it is, hes going to push anyway and give you 8:1 odds anyway so the final second push is ok.

I like the rr to 10 on the flop after that cheeky lil min raise. Its wierd, but I see that minraise as a low set sometimes, people like to mr in order to not scare people off. I dont see people usually minraising on a flush draw. Unless he has AJclubs here.

If you make that bet on the turn, you are going down to the felt afterwards. I might c/c the turn and river but its very read dependent.

[/ QUOTE ]

btw on c/c the turn

I feel like if i check call the turn he would just bet pot anyways, in which case you will have to go all in or fold becauase he will get it all in by river anyways and going all in on the turn gives you folding equity (however minor it is at these limits, but it's still better than c/c AI down anyway, no matter what). So i don't like c/c unless he is truly passive and will bet 1/4 the pot or something, which sometimes people do with hands they don't wanna goto the felt with, but i get worried if a short stack does it because he wants to get paid off, or anyone for that matter.

EDIT: unless you really feel he's on two pair or something and not a drawing hand, in which case c/AI on the turn would be bad because it would scare him off and c/c down becomes the better play to induce bluffs.